Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mute Button to Mute Everything

Default Mute Button to Mute Everything
    Are there any mods or methods of changing the mute toggle to actually mute/unmute ALL sounds?

Since I use MivTone's and manually adjusting the volume is getting annoying, since I forget half the time or the wrong volume gets adjusted. Plus I had my first bad experience with my iPhone going off in the middle of a presentation.The same goes for games.

If I hit the mute, thats exactly what the iPhone should do.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't this what the little silent button on the side is for?

Yea, thats what I thought too. But it only mutes system sounds and your ringtone. MivTones and most games (i.e. bejeweled), however, still continue to have their sound enabled when the mute toggle is set in the on position. I want to be able to set the mute so that all volume settings are set to mute and not just the select few.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah ok I never knew that. All of my games mute, but they are mostly card games. I tried MivTones once, but it slowed my phone to a crawl and had to erase it.

this is what i wanna ask, too ... Anybody get any idea to do that?

I hope someone more talented than me can figure this out.
    The fact that apps still take over and play loud annoying sounds while im on "silent" mode seems to just defeat the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ohaider View Post
    I hope someone more talented than me can figure this out.
    The fact that apps still take over and play loud annoying sounds while im on "silent" mode seems to just defeat the purpose.
    Exactly lol. I've looked around for possible applications that could accomplish this so I can somehow incorporate it into SBSettings but came up empty handed.

If anyone knows of software solutions to this please do share

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ya I miss that feature on my Treo. I don't like how the iPhone has two sound systems that are independent. The ringer volume and the system sound volume.

I was sitting in a meeting with my phone on what I thought was silent and started playing Super Monkey Ball and sound came blasting out. A mod would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    ya i miss that feature on my treo. I don't like how the iphone has two sound systems that are independent. The ringer volume and the system sound volume.

I was sitting in a meeting with my phone on what i thought was silent and started playing super monkey ball and sound came blasting out. A mod would be great.
    lol :d