+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Small crack in iphone: Solution please?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Basically, I have a small crack in the bottom left corner of my iphone, which has caused a dead spot to occur along the bottom of the phone. The Menu
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Small crack in iphone: Solution please?
    Basically, I have a small crack in the bottom left corner of my iphone, which has caused a dead spot to occur along the bottom of the phone. The Menu works because the graphics go over the crack. However, texting is difficult as the space bar image doesnt go over the top of the crack and so is in the dead spot. I was wondering whether it was possible to make certain images bigger in the firmware e.g. the spacebar, so that it will work once again.
    Does anyone know of any other solution?
    Really annoying

Thanks
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small crack in iphone: Solution please?-crack.jpg  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elrobzo View Post
    Basically, I have a small crack in the bottom left corner of my iphone, which has caused a dead spot to occur along the bottom of the phone.
    sorry to say, but I think the only solution is a new touch-screen.
    i've replaced 3 of them now, not real easy, but it's the only way
    3G iPhone Repair Center and iPhone 3G Lcd Parts Source

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not sure where you are located, but I was reading a post somewhere this morning and the person took the iPhone to the Apple Store, was honest about dropping the phone and cracking the screen. The individual at the genius bar offered him a ONE time n/c replacement and appreciated the honesty. Might be worth a try?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
    Not sure where you are located, but I was reading a post somewhere this morning and the person took the iPhone to the Apple Store, was honest about dropping the phone and cracking the screen. The individual at the genius bar offered him a ONE time n/c replacement and appreciated the honesty. Might be worth a try?
    Those guys were mighty nice. In most such cases they just tell you to go home...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No Money :(
    Thanks for the replies!
    I was just wondering whether anybody knows much about editing system images?? Can you make them bigger??
    Cheers
    Rob