Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Autocorrect file

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Autocorrect file
    Is there a way to add or change the words that the iphone auto-corrects? Specifically how it capitalizes "LOL". I hate it. Is there a way to change these ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chancre_scolex For This Useful Post:

jujubeanser (09-04-2007)

my god seriously! I was about to request the same thing. Another annoying one is how the iPhone doesn't know usf is a real school . It tells me I really mean USC every time! Pshh

Quote Originally Posted by jujubeanser View Post
    my god seriously! I was about to request the same thing. Another annoying one is how the iPhone doesn't know usf is a real school . It tells me I really mean USC every time! Pshh
    HAHAHAHA the iPhone thinks your college sucks. LOL
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Lmao :d

I don't know where the actual dictionary file is stored. However, I do know that the dictionary is dynamic...always changing based on your typing style. I've found that it doesn't try to correct my spelling or capitalization of words that I constantly hit the 'x' of next to the correction bubble. Try this a few times, and see if it takes the hint.

Yeah, the iPhone is supposed to adapt to your typing. If you use USF a few times and hit the x on USC, its should stop correcting it.

Are you saying anyone has had the iphone STOP correcting you to LOL? cus I sure haven't and I x it out every single time. along with USC and a few others....

Mine doesnt pop up for LOL anymore. Im pretty sure it stopped after like the 2nd time of telling it to.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

I read somewhere that if you want to add a word to the dictionary, you have to correct it three times. This will add the word you MEANT to your individual dictionary. I've done it on quite a few words.
    -DoocesWild

I just opened up notepad and typed out USF USF USF USF USF USF USF.. lol. each time USC popped up.. same thing with LOL

..meh

Do you click the X on the blue corrected word that pops up to get rid of it?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoRebellion For This Useful Post:

jujubeanser (09-05-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by EmoRebellion View Post
    Do you click the X on the blue corrected word that pops up to get rid of it?
    Every time! Are other users not experiencing this? I'd like to hear if anyone else does this same thing (opening up notes and repeatedly xing out an autocorrect) and still has the correction popping up

yea the notes thing didn't work for me either. I also *hate* the "LOL"

Hm, it auto-corrects usf to USC always, but it remembers to leave USF alone. Just learn to use caps and youll be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by EmoRebellion View Post
    Hm, it auto-corrects usf to USC always, but it remembers to leave USF alone. Just learn to use caps and youll be fine!
    it's pretty annoying to have to cap each letter. or turn on caps lock for only 3 letters.. and LOL definitely always bugs the HELL out of me. I feel so lame when I'm in a rush and type it out in a message or something... I always wind up going back and correcting it b/c I feel so stupid putting LOL in all caps in a message haha.

I would love to see a personal dictionary that you can add slang and words to like other cell phones feature. Anyone think this could be a possibility in the near future??

What I want is support for other languages... is it possible to port cocoaAspell to iPhone?
    or SOMETHING!

having an iPhone in europe, with american dictionary is a bummer

also forgot to mention, even with my new iphone (I got a 4-->8gig exchange) I still did the same thing: opened up notepad and typed USF USF USF USF USF exing it every time and it still corrects me to USC, as well as LOL

>:0

I would like to delete words from dictionary... I am from Poland and its kinda crapy when u want to type 'na' ('on' in polish;p) and the dictionary is puting 'ms' insted of it. I typed 'na' 125 times in notes and it worked! iPhone is learning but not very fast ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Fern View Post
    I would like to delete words from dictionary... I am from Poland and its kinda crapy when u want to type 'na' ('on' in polish;p) and the dictionary is puting 'ms' insted of it. I typed 'na' 125 times in notes and it worked! iPhone is learning but not very fast ;p
    literally 125 times? did you delete it every single time? I tried exing out of USC to keep it at USF probably around 25 times but that didnt do anything. maybe I'll suck it up and try it 125 times..?

I just tried typing USF and USC came up the first time, I clicked the X and typed USF again and it worked.
    There is a problem somewhere though. I remember for a long time no one could type "haha"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast