Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone brightness mod?

Default iPhone brightness mod?
    My current iPhone screen is rather dim compared to some other iPhones I've seen even, when the brightness is set to maximum.

Can any of the iPhone gurus out there please advise how I can manually modify internal programmed default brightness such that it is brighter.

I know Erica Sudan has achieved this with her Flashlight app to make the screen brighter via this method so I know it is possible

Thanks all

Do you have the iPhone 2G or 3G?

The 3G is shown to have a dimmer/yellow screen. That may be what you are noticing.

Also, I am not sure if you REALLY want to increase the brightness to what you are describing. I would expect substantial battery loss in comparison to default brightness settings.

man both my iphones 2 and 3 g i keep at almost zero brightness they both get extremely bright.

I have the 3G... seems dim....

take it back or compare it to another one. If its the same get your eyes checked my phone literally lights my room in the dark better then alot of flashlights.

Some 3g's were known to have the dimmer/yellow more than others. My friend has TWO 3g's both 8gb black bought from the same store at the same time. I could notice a huge difference between them. I would advise you to take it back to the store you purchased it from, ask to see a demo, do some comparision and proceed further.

Quote Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
    Some 3g's were known to have the dimmer/yellow more than others. My friend has TWO 3g's both 8gb black bought from the same store at the same time. I could notice a huge difference between them. I would advise you to take it back to the store you purchased it from, ask to see a demo, do some comparision and proceed further.
    yeah do exactly that, my friend just had his swapped for him,

plutil -c xml1 /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist

Open the said file after executing the commands, and then look for a key with brightness in it. Set it higher (nothing above 2, though)