Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone number format (mask)

Default iPhone number format (mask)
    does anyone know of a way to change the dialer format mask when entering in a phone number.??
    I mean the phone currently enter using US format (xxx)-xxx-xxxxx and i want to change it to the Aussie format (xx) xxx xxxx
    Any help would be great

PS Anyone know how to change the default voice mail number?? i want to change it to my number which is 123 ??

Thanks
    Oz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ozie For This Useful Post:

Hansen (10-21-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here is how you do it

Changing phone number formating: (123) 456-7890

Formatting is stored in:

/System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBookUI.framework/ABPhoneFormats.plist

Download this file from your phone. The file is stored in binary format, so you'll need to convert it to text. Now save this file and open it in a text editor. Change the formatting under us to look like you want (if you find your region in the file, just copy from your region to the us). There's probably some way to just make it use your language (instead of 'us'), but i don't know where you specify that. When you are done changing formatting, save the file and upload it to the iphone in same directory you found it. You don't need to convert i back to binary.

I got this from the following site

http://iphone.unlock.no/

The main problem I have had with the number format is when someone calls me and the number stored in my contacts is in the +61XXXXXXXXX format and the incoming number is in the 07XXXXXXXX format they dont marry up so it just displays the number and not the contact name. Any help here would be great
    Last edited by beachball; 09-13-2007 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beachball For This Useful Post:

aterrett (10-12-2007), RC_OZ (10-08-2007)

HI,

Thanks for your sharing!

Which application to get the file from the phone? Thanks!

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same for Singapore contacts. Some numbers are stored like: +65 ########, +65########, ########.

The phone recognizes the caller when the number is stored as +65 ########, but not when +65########. When the number is stored as +65########, only the ######## appear on the screen and the caller name and picture (if any) do not appear.

Is there anyway to fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by beachball View Post
    Here is how you do it

Changing phone number formating: (123) 456-7890

Formatting is stored in:

Download this file from your phone. The file is stored in binary format, so you'll need to convert it to text. Now save this file and open it in a text editor. Change the formatting under us to look like you want (if you find your region in the file, just copy from your region to the us). There's probably some way to just make it use your language (instead of 'us'), but i don't know where you specify that. When you are done changing formatting, save the file and upload it to the iphone in same directory you found it. You don't need to convert i back to binary.

I got this from the following site

http://iphone.unlock.no/

The main problem I have had with the number format is when someone calls me and the number stored in my contacts is in the +61XXXXXXXXX format and the incoming number is in the 07XXXXXXXX format they dont marry up so it just displays the number and not the contact name. Any help here would be great
    I am from Brazil, i not found the Brazilian format and the US format too.

Is this?

_+55 ## #### ####W#######B*C[###########_

Have a exact place to me insert the modded format?

Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation3Br View Post
    I am from Brazil, i not found the Brazilian format and the US format too.

Is this?

_+55 ## #### ####W#######B*C[###########_

Have a exact place to me insert the modded format?
    I use this page to convert my .plist file, and now i have sucessful in convert the mask of phonedial.

http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi
    Last edited by PlayStation3Br; 09-19-2007 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Okay, I got the solution, but I only have the solution for Mac users.

As someone mentioned, download this file:

Mac users have an application that already lets you edit plist files without converting it into ascii/text. Simply double-click and open the file, and Property List Editor should open.

Go to root -> us. And you'll see the mask for the us:

Now go to the mask list for the country code you want. In this example, we go to Australia (au):

Copy each of the entries over to the us field and they're identical.

Save, and upload it back onto the iPhone and overwrite the old file.

Restart your iPhone (hold sleep button until it asks to turn off, then turn off).

Should all be good =).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -mask1.png   -mask2.png   -mask3.png  

9. The Following User Says Thank You to takagawa For This Useful Post:

jama_kj (10-02-2007)

Okay, this is to my fellow aussies. He's my custom phone number masking script to Australian iPhone owners. I've added a lot more masks for Australian numbers on top of the ones already there. Here's the list of all the masks in order:

#### ####
    13 ## ##
    1### ### ###
    (04##) ### ###
    (0#) #### ####
    (61) # #### ####
    (61) 4## ### ###
    +61 # #### ####
    (61) (04##) ### ###
    (61) (0#) #### ####
    0011 $
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to takagawa For This Useful Post:

jama_kj (10-02-2007), jimmyville (09-29-2007), rohan (10-07-2007), themonkey (09-27-2007)

I just renamed the us entry to au, and the old au entry to us in Plist Editor

Works fine

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cammj For This Useful Post:

jama_kj (10-02-2007)

Smile thanks!
    just want to say a big thank you for your help with updating the phone number format - i've updated my Aussie numbers (by using your suggestions but making some tweaks for my own personal tastes), and so i can reverse it back easily i also took your suggestions of simply swapping the US key with AU and vice versa!

Some great suggestions - thanks

i'm now have my iphone working perfectly - activated, unlocked (using with Vodafone AU), have the GPRS working, and now the numbers look great when dialing

Default Certain SMSes Hang SMS.app
    Hi,
    I receive an SMS from my bank and on normal phones it appears as from: "UOB"

Now this causes a problem to the iPhone as SMS.app cannot read it.
    Any idea how to overcome this? I end up having to SSH my phone and reset or clear the error SMSes.

Also what does the '$' denote in the iPhone list?

It seems easy to change the format for ONE country. But what if you're traveling between many countries often?
    Why did Apple implement it with format for each country? Shouldn't iPhone display the number according to, say, country code or something?

ohhhhhh ur my aussie heroes. thanks to the those aussies above for the help. loving the iphone in aus

Hey Takagawa,

Thanks for the format stuff! I'm still having some problems though, when someone calls that I have in my phonebook as +61 499 999 999, it just shows 0499 999 999 and doesnt recognise that they are in my phone book....

Any ideas to fix it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks interesting.. Is there any setting I can change to enable the UK .plist attributes?

Ah, I found it, this will fix the issue regarding the iphone recognising different number formats. It identifies them from the back instead of from the front. Works 100% for me

Aussies, get the 9 digit one

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7736

If you've upgraded to 1.1.1 the new location of the file you need to edit is:

/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats/UIPhoneFormats.plist

*EDIT*

If you edit the M68AP.plist file as described here http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10824 then you can go into Settings/International and select the region format to use
    Last edited by deanr; 10-12-2007 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by deanr View Post
    If you've upgraded to 1.1.1 the new location of the file you need to edit is:

/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats/UIPhoneFormats.plist

*EDIT*

If you edit the M68AP.plist file as described here http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10824 then you can go into Settings/International and select the region format to use
    If I set everything to Sweden under International my number formatting is right but if someone calls from +46 (the country code of Sweden) the phone doesn't recognize the numbers. And since all sms (text messages) comes as +46xxxxxxxx I can only see the number when I get a new message in the popup, but if I go in to my inbox the name is there.

Anyone have a simple solution for this?

Smile Step by step for changing to uk number format
    For those still stuck!

Assuming you have ibrickr and 1.0.2 iphone

1. start ibrickr click on <files>
    2. In the right hand window (picture of iphone) click on <System>
    3. Click on <Library>
    4. Click on <Frameworks>
    5. Click on <AddressBookUI.frameworks>
    6. Click on <ABPhoneFormats.plist>
    7. You should now see at the bottom of ibrickr a link for <Download> just above the <Delete> button. (I can only see the bottom of the txt on mine!)
    8. Goto http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi
    and browse to the file you just downloaded. This will convert the binary file into text.
    9. Open the converted file with a text browser.
    10. Goto the section marked <key>uk</key> (use the search/find facility)
    11. Copy everything from immediately after the </key> until just before <key>
    12. Paste what you have just copied into the space after <key>us</key> until the next time the <key> appears.
    13. Save and close the file. (No need to convert it back to binary)
    14. Use ibrickr to delete the ABPhoneFormats.plist in folder System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/
    15. Click on <Upload file> in ibrickr
    16. Select the file you have just edited (not the original one)
    17. Close ibrickr
    18. Switch off you iphone by holding down the top button and sliding the top red slider.
    19. Switch iphone back on.
    20. Start dialing a number to see if if has worked.

=======
    Remember if you mess it up you will have the original file stored on your computer. Just upload it back with ibrickr.

Hope this helps. It took me a while to work this out from all the fragmented help that is out there.

frank

Default UK updated ABPhoneFormats.plist file
    Just thought - Whats the point in doing all those steps when you can just download the file!

Here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast