Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modding iphone dialer app (fw2.1) png not readable in photoshop

Default Modding iphone dialer app (fw2.1) png not readable in photoshop
    Anyone know how to read the png files stored in the phone dialer app?

None of the png files are readable in photoshop. So im stuck with no idea how to get starting creating dialers skins.
    Sample png: <-fails to open.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

***EDIT Dear Moerator, could you please move this to the Skinning / Themes Discussion? Thanks.

*** EDIT:
    Looks like something went wrong when pulling the files via SSH using WinSCP. I was able to get the files ok using Iphonebrowser. However iphonebrowser gives me an error and shuts down.
    I also read that the files i really want to edit are in the MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file...

more later...

*** EDIT: here's the png's that came out of that file... (this comes from a 2.1 firmware a1203 8gb iphone)

This ends my problem with PNG...
    Last edited by; 10-12-2008 at 08:37 PM.

PNG files are stored in a special (proprietary) format on the iPhone - iPhoneBrowser converts them to a Windows usable format (not, strictly speaking, a valid format).

There is a guide that discusses the PNG format.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post: (10-13-2008)

could you tell me where this guide is?

just use iphonebrowser to save the file to your computer it automatically converts it into a file windows can actually read
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644