Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH need bsd ?

Default SSH need bsd ?
    i want to ssh my iphone to customize the look and add themese ect .. do i really need bsd subsystem ? .. i cant find it .. and if i dont need it to ssh ima start .. can someone shed some light for me .. thanks

Yes, it's absolutely necessary.

i have the same problem, i updated to 2.1 and now i cant find bsd subsystem!

ummm openssh should be fine... installing bsd shouldnt hurt tho. If you're only going to download a couple themes... just use winterboard/cydia really no point... ummm there is an alternative to ssh tho... i think its called the iphone browser... google it and i'm sure u'll find something.

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

When you install Cydia it installs it's much better replacement for BSD subsystem

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timmyinpajamas View Post
    i want to ssh my iphone to customize the look and add themese ect .. do i really need bsd subsystem ? .. i cant find it .. and if i dont need it to ssh ima start .. can someone shed some light for me .. thanks
    If you are jailbroken on 2.x then no you don't need it, as mentioned, a better replacement has already been installed.

Just download openSSH through Cydia and you are good too go.

Also recommend installing Bossprefs to be able to toggle the SSH server to save on battery life.