Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Permanently turning off Location Services in Camera

Default Permanently turning off Location Services in Camera
    When the camera comes up, it asks you for the first 2 times if you want location services on. If you chose yes both times, the nag screen goes away.

BUT, if you chose "NO" it asks you every fricking time. I do not want location services on because it slows down the camera load too much.

Where would the flag be for "ASK/ALWAYS/NO" for that selection? Just trying to get an idea where to look thanks!

edit: a way to tell camera to not request data from CoreLocation and to stop asking to do so. thanks!
    Last edited by Garage Battle; 10-04-2008 at 01:35 PM.

settings>general>location services on>off
    i think but as far as modifing a file, that would probably be inside camera app...hmmmm...which one tho? gotta look into it, brb
    thanx button in advanced
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

i still want locations services turned on for Google Maps, I just dont want the Camera to use it, or ask for it. Let me know what you find. Thanks!

Thanks

let the camera uase location services, who cares, it's no big deal. Live with it. I know you probably think you're a supreme hacker, modding every part of your iphone possible, but really, you're wasting your time worrying about small stuff
    To live, you have to lie

no im not

but i do find it frustrating when I have to wait nearly 10 seconds to use the camera sometimes because its trying to find my location before opening the application.

if you dont agree with my want thats fine but keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Garage Battle View Post
    no im not

but i do find it frustrating when I have to wait nearly 10 seconds to use the camera sometimes because its trying to find my location before opening the application.

if you dont agree with my want thats fine but keep it to yourself.
    Well said

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Smartphone pictures pose privacy risks[/ame]