+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So your iPhone won't sync/backup? Can't see your Apps on the Springboard?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Before I start, I am in no way condoning the use of cracked ipas from the AppStore. I tested it out, but after upgrading to 2.1 I noticed a few
    UiK
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default So your iPhone won't sync/backup? Can't see your Apps on the Springboard?
    Before I start, I am in no way condoning the use of cracked ipas from the AppStore.

I tested it out, but after upgrading to 2.1 I noticed a few problems.

1) When my iPhone was backing up, I would get an extra -

Obviously, the phone was still connected. Also, a normal sync would take approx 15-20 mins

2) When I SSH'd a cracked ipa to my Applications folder, and respringed, the App would not even appear on my SpringBoard!

After calling my service provider, whom I work for, and telling them that my phone refuses to backup,they organised to send me a new one. Not wanting to send them a jailbroken phone, I restored it and did some testing of my own

I found that when I replaced the cracked MobileInstallation file with the original, the apps would show up on SpringBoard and the phone would sync and backup normally. I tried replacing it again with the cracked one, again it stopped working.

So if you have this problem, replace the cracked MobileInstallation with the original and you should be fine.

Also, just realised that you are using the cracked MobileInstallation file, when you ReSpring or SoftSpring, your phone will freeze and not fix no matter how many times you try. If you want to know if this has happened to your phone, connect it up to your USB cable and it will vicrate every few seconds non-stop.

What I tried was I rebooted with the cracked MobileInstallation file after having added the cracked IPAs for 'testing'.

Once all modifications to my phone were done, I'd replace the cracked MobileInstallation and everything is back to normal.

If you have any questions please let me know
    Last edited by UiK; 09-25-2008 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost