Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unusual ?? about moving icons on Springboard

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Unusual ?? about moving icons on Springboard
    Hi,

I have a 1st gen iPhone that i was trying to fix the screen on awhile ago and i ended up breaking the touchscreen and its non responsive on the bottom half...but it still turns on and i can get into the apps on the first 3 rows.....im only currently using for test purposes.....
    so here is my question:

I used Diskaid to get into the files on the iPhone

Is there a file for the springboard that is maybe like a temp file that gets saved so the springboard knows what position you have your apps arranged?

and if so:

Can i manually edit that order on my computer and resave the file and restart the phone so then i can get cydia up in the first row?

I hope i am being clear on my questions...thank you
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

I think its not saved in Plists as of 1.1.2+
    Not shure sorry, but i had the same problem with on of mine tried to see if apple would replace and i walked in they gave me a brand new one no questions asked...

Might work with you...
    I had no warrenty ...

Just run down to apple store see what they say...
    its a good hour drive to my apple store jerks wont open one closer lmao
    its kool thugh it might work

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dajax View Post
    I think its not saved in Plists as of 1.1.2+
    Not shure sorry, but i had the same problem with on of mine tried to see if apple would replace and i walked in they gave me a brand new one no questions asked...

Might work with you...
    I had no warrenty ...

Just run down to apple store see what they say...
    its a good hour drive to my apple store jerks wont open one closer lmao
    its kool thugh it might work
    ya i called apple on the phone and they said that they would send me a replacement for $200 and take this one back under accidental damage since its in about 5 pieces.........i just didnt get around to sending it back...i have another one..i just have it the broken one laying around for test purposes.....i do the upgrades and pwnage tools and quickpwn on that one first b4 i do it on my good one....i just want to try some stuff from cydia this time and i cant get it up to the top half of the screen.....thank you for the info

Hi i figured it out sort of ..i just started moving the apps that i dont need to other pages and it started moving the bottom apps up but now im stuck on cydia bc it ask first if i am a user developer and i cant choose one so i guess im stuck...if anyone knows if i can edit a file in cydia to skip that first page let me know ...thank you
    Last edited by Ice9812; 09-17-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button