Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Check Email faster?

Default Check Email faster?
    I saw this plist file in the download section,
    http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=264

but i cant seem to open it. It would be a great help if i could get my phone to check the email sooner than every 15 mins. Has anyone been able to edit this?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnywala For This Useful Post:

Ozymandius=girl (09-06-2007)

Default okay.. so, umm
    I'm able to open the file.. what do I need to alter to get the phone to check mail every minute or two? And, where do I put this file on the phone?

thanks!

j

i might be able to help, can u please paste the text that is in the file here?

I've never been able to get this to work. Here was the original directions.

Located on the iPhone in the directory:

/private/var/root/Library/Preferences

is a file called: com.apple.mobilemail.plist

Inside this plist is a listing named AutoFetchInterval Change this to read how long you want between checks in minutes. I set mine to 5 minutes and it is working great.

This will not give you an option of 5 minutes under Mail preferences, but make sure you are configured for Manual in Mail preferences and then make the change to the plist. Restart your iPhone and boom, you will be checking mail at your configured interval.

The problem is that it when you set it to manual...it never checks the e-mail. I've followed the directions correctly and also tried it other ways and it doesn't work.

you know what? I look at the file.. and although I can read most of the info in there -- after autofetch interval.. there's nothing that jumps out at me as time. It's a bunch of unreadable characters.

jp

To change the AutoFetchInterval from 15 to 5 you will need to get a copy of omnioutliner. This app works really great.

To change the AutoFetchInterval from 15 to 5 you will need to get a copy of omnioutliner. This app works really great.
    can u attach the plist that you are using for this mod? i'm sure it would help all of us out. Especially because I am on a PC.

I've never been able to get this to work. I've tried everything.

so does this work or not? And what do you do to get it to work?

nobody that has gotten it to work has replied yet. still waiting...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I got it to work!
    Instead of using the modded file on this site, I just pulled that same file off of my own iPhone. I changed the autofetch value to 5 in plist editor (on a mac) and put it back on my iPhone. Restarted and checked settings. It was set to manual by itself, but it checks every 5 min anyway.

Darcy

What Dveer said should work.

Navigate into /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/

Look for com.apple.mobilemail (right under com.apple.mobileipod)

click or open com.apple.mobilemail
    (im using iFuntastic to do this)

Look for
    <key>AutoFetchInterval</key>
    <string>15</string>
    (it can be either 15, 30 or 60)

If you dont see this:
    It's because you set your mail to be checked Manual, you must change this to either 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour.

Now you should be able to see
    <key>AutoFetchInterval</key>
    <string>15 or 30 or 60</string>

Manually delete the "15 or 30 or 60" and type in "5"

Once you have changed it into "5", it will automatically change your interval to Manual (Auto-Check) so thats it. Restart and now your mail should be checked every 5 minutes.

is there something like ifuntastic that will work on pc? i tried opening the file with jedit but it wont open i've been stuck on this for awhile now

did everyone figure this out?

still looking for a way to open the file in windows

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunnywala View Post
    still looking for a way to open the file in windows
    I use notepad ++ and for the most part it works. It's a free program. Also I think wordpad works as well.

But then again, I might just be using the files I downloaded online and editing them and that's why it's working so well
    -DoocesWild

try a text editor?

Worked for me! Great help thanks! I used a window based editor called AXE, followed your instructionas and BAM!

Question, can you set the string to 01 instead of 05??

I know I'm not nuts.. the number 15 .. or any other recognizable time frame just isn't there.

how can I change the following to to a setting to check for mail every minute?

bplist00&#217;
    _LastAccountViewed^TableOffsetKey_PlaySentMailSoun d_ShowMessageHeaderDetails_PlayNewMailSound\Overfl owData_UISuspendedSettings\FetchingData_AutoFetchI nterval_$EAA9590C-EA7E-4C5F-8A21-9C8DDA275A45" &#209;]LastLoadOlder3A&#169;&#180;“&#167;&#208;ˆ”

Thanks!~

j

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Convert the file with this first, then open with Wordpad :
    http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi
    Last edited by Destructo; 11-10-2007 at 09:49 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Destructo For This Useful Post:

joejoeiphone1 (11-10-2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast