Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NES Roms folder

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

Default NES Roms folder
    I installed NES on my iphone using installer, but I need to create the roms folder. The only way I can find how to do this is to install SSH and use fugu. Since I dont have a wireless connection, I need another way to do this, preferably a simple way. Anyone know how I can just create the folders I need without a bunch of steps?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

hmm... I'd think you would need a WiFi to SSH to your phone to set permissions to the NES application files for them to work one way or another... but if you have some other method of installing applications (maybe you have installer/launcher installed?) you could try installing MobileTerminal and 'mkdir /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES/' (I believe) would create the directory. if you put the chmod file in your /bin directory you should also be able to set permissions from MobileTerminal as well... however this is all assuming you initially SSH'd to your phone to set permissions to MobileTerminal or the Installer app.

im pretty sure you can just use iphoneinterface to upload ROMs as well, i wouldn't know as i havent used it since i got SSH up and running.

anyway, hope that helps.

Does any one know where i can fine nes roms. i have the nes app on my phone but no games.

Thanks

Google: NES Roms
    Click: The Old Computer Dot Com (THE FIRST LINK ON GOOGLE, I mean comon'!!)
    DON'T: Ask about getting WAREZ on these forums!

YAY!

hey i downloaded ssh or w/e but is that the nes emulator?

has anyone had this problem when you've gone throuh the install process and load a game the console section is blocked out the graphics are in big green blocks no buttons but I can still play the game but the graphics are non existant only in the console.

if you cant figure out something as easy as WinSCP (you have got to have a friend with a WiFi that you can just go use - duh) then you should not be modding your iPhone in ANY ******* WAY because you are a dumb boy

Damn hopefully that wasn't directed to me and I'm a Mac user just looking to see if anyone else had this same problem before I went through all the steps again, I'm not a programer by far and not all of this is rocket science but I think that's what forms are for right!!!!!!! to share new discoveries.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteone View Post
    has anyone had this problem when you've gone throuh the install process and load a game the console section is blocked out the graphics are in big green blocks no buttons but I can still play the game but the graphics are non existant only in the console.
    you have debug mode on... just turn it off in the preferences!