Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm an idiot and I need some files

Default I'm an idiot and I need some files
    Well I used ml_ipod on my 2.0 2g iphone and it ****** up my music on my iphone. To make matters worse I tried to fix it by deleting itunesdb and accidently forgot to backup the files. In addition to this brilliant move, I also deleted everything else in the var/mobile/media/itunes_control/itunes folder. Now my iphone will not connect to itunes at all. itunes doesn't even recognize that an iphone is connected.

I was hoping there was someone that could send me all the files from that folder zipped up or host it somewhere for me. Or if anyone else knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. I can't even go into itunes to restore my phone because it doesn't recognize that an iphone is connected. I would try DFU but I don't want to get stuck in DFU mode and not be able to do anything at all with the phone. A little help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

I think restore mode is the way to go ... you should be able to connect then, and besides, you can switch your phone off after going to dfu and turn it back on, so you can't really get "stucked" in dfu mode afaik.