Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Application Location

Default Application Location
    Where are the stock apps that come on the phone, they used to be in the Applications folder in the root but that no longer exists, where are they now

if your /Applications folder doesn't exist anymore you got a severe problem

Seriously, the normal apps and jailbreak apps are still located in /Applications/ (which is now a symlink to /var/mobile/Library/Applications/ or something, don't remember exactly but it doesn't really matter)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    if your /Applications folder doesn't exist anymore you got a severe problem

Seriously, the normal apps and jailbreak apps are still located in /Applications/ (which is now a symlink to /var/mobile/Library/Applications/ or something, don't remember exactly but it doesn't really matter)
    actually i found them and they dont, there in var/stash/applications(jiberish)/ which is kinda throwing me for a loop bceause everyone says there in the same spot, is the 3g and 2g different in that way?

well, close ... still, /Applications/ is present and links to that location, so you can just use /Applications/ to get there.
    and btw, the gibberish is gone in 2.0.1 ... and no, the locations are the same for all iphones. I think the gibberish-part might differ, but since you can use /Applications/ to get there it doesn't really matter if it's the same or not.
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 08-16-2008 at 08:51 AM.