Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lock Screen Bg =]

Cool Lock Screen Bg =]
    Hey guys, so i finally found it after mad searchin.

If you go to /Var/Root/Library/LockBackground.jpg<<that is the wallpaper. Apparently the iphone's software is designed to "copy and convert" your album "wallpaper" selection to 'LockBackground.jpg'. I noticed when I selected a .jpg image or a .png, it looked different on the actual locked screen. I figure that because when selecting a wallpaper you're allowed to resize or move it around, it has to create another version of your .jpg, but it loses quality in the process i think. Anyhow, hope it helps you guys. I just used iphonebrowser, traversed to /var/root/library and replaced the LockBackground.jpg with my "original" high quality pic =], looks hella nice!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

nice find

FYI, The image quality is reduced when the image is moved to the phone. Not when set as your background.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos2800 View Post
    FYI, The image quality is reduced when the image is moved to the phone. Not when set as your background.

-David
    Well I'm not sure about the when the image is moved to the phone, but if thats true then it would be reduced twice, because when you set it as a wallpaper, it also gets reduced in qual. So the best thing for a wallpaper of good quality is to winscp or something

yeah, i found this one too like 2 weeks ago... i thought everyone knew about this... i guess not... hehehe

Do you guys have pics of what it looks like? And are you guys talking about the background with the icons on it? or the wallpaper when you slide to unlock comes on? thanks!