+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: error message

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
my boyfriend has had his iPhone for a while now, and everything was going just dandy until today when he started installing iActivator and all sorts of apps on it...
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy error message
    my boyfriend has had his iPhone for a while now, and everything was going just dandy until today when he started installing iActivator and all sorts of apps on it...

he put it in his charger and went to sleep, woke up, turned it on, and on the screen is says "Activate iPhone- connect to iTunes"

which he's done, and an error message comes up that says:

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be activated because the activation information was invalid. please try again later."

how can he completely restore or reformat his iPhone so that it works again??

Thanks
    OUCH! I just had this when my son yanked out my cord while using jailbreak. All I had to do is restart windows. I know it sounds wierd since your computer has little to nothing to do with your iPhone but what it does is when you plug in your iPhone it will reload a new default driver so you can sync your phone. I hope this works for you like it did for me.

Good Luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bellasera973 View Post

he put it in his charger and went to sleep, woke up, turned it on, and on the screen is says "Activate iPhone- connect to iTunes"

which he's done, and an error message comes up that says:

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be activated because the activation information was invalid. please try again later."

how can he completely restore or reformat his iPhone so that it works again??
    Sounds like he might have used the activated button and changed his original setting when he activated the iphone when he bought it. The IActivate is for iphone's that haven't been activated yet. He will have to put the iphone on the dock and push the home and power button until he gets to the screen with the yellow triangle with the !. Itunes will start and tell him that the Iphone needs to be restored. Hopefully he has backup all his stuff.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    Sounds like he might have used the activated button and changed his original setting when he activated the iphone when he bought it. The IActivate is for iphone's that haven't been activated yet. He will have to put the iphone on the dock and push the home and power button until he gets to the screen with the yellow triangle with the !. Itunes will start and tell him that the Iphone needs to be restored. Hopefully he has backup all his stuff.
    he's tried holding down the 2 buttons and the only thing that happens is the iPhone restarts (the apple appears on the screen with the black background)

Quote Originally Posted by MS*** View Post
    OUCH! I just had this when my son yanked out my cord while using jailbreak. All I had to do is restart windows. I know it sounds wierd since your computer has little to nothing to do with your iPhone but what it does is when you plug in your iPhone it will reload a new default driver so you can sync your phone. I hope this works for you like it did for me.

Good Luck.
    he has the Mac, i'm the PC user. sorry i forgot to mention that earlier.
    Last edited by bellasera973; 08-21-2007 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost