Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Uninstall Error

Default Uninstall Error
    Anyone run into a problem with uninstalling Summerboard after upgrading to 1.1.3? I mean, it doesn't work anyways and when I try to uninstall it I get an error 'Main Script execution failed'

I'm thinking of just going into the directory using SSH and deleting it under applications but I just want to make sure that its safe. Thanks for your help.

Can you go in installer and check if there is a updated Summer board 3.1 to install. I installed 3.1 and then I had 2 Summer boards 3.1 and 3.0. Then I tried to uninstall 3.0 but no luck. Need to get out of installer and get back in. I tried to uninstall 3.1 it worked, then I tried to uninstall 3.0 and it worked. Not sure why it worked.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kys View Post
    Can you go in installer and check if there is a updated Summer board 3.1 to install. I installed 3.1 and then I had 2 Summer boards 3.1 and 3.0. Then I tried to uninstall 3.0 but no luck. Need to get out of installer and get back in. I tried to uninstall 3.1 it worked, then I tried to uninstall 3.0 and it worked. Not sure why it worked.
    I had the same problem too. To fix this you need to remove the old summer board from the uninstall list first. There is a file in root/library/installer named locallocalpackages.plist edit this file and remove the whole section containing the old summer board from the list. This will remove summer board from the uninstall list, if you want to uninstall the program you need to install summerboard old from the list then uninstall it from the uninstall menu, this will eliminate the main script error. I think this error got something to do with summerboard being renamed to summerboard old.