Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Volume increase on 2.0

Default Volume increase on 2.0
    Hey everyone.

Ive had a search around and have yet to find a solution on how to increase my incall volume on my Iphone 3G 16GB. Mine seems ridiculously quiet IN calls only. Ive read that i can replace the SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist that has been for lower firmwares, but with 2.0's file structure changes, is there any solution of app available on cydia (or available for 2.0 firmware) or file mods that can assist in increasing my volume. If not i might have to take back the phone, its pretty unbareable. The Speaker plays music and rings loud enough.

i haven't heard of anything on cydia
    but would love to hear of a solution as well..

I think the same files are still there I saw them while modding a few things.

I think its safe to say that if you compare the older files to the newier ones that you could then see what needs to be modded in order for that to work.

If i get time I will take a look at what I changed and post back with details

Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    I think the same files are still there I saw them while modding a few things.

I think its safe to say that if you compare the older files to the newier ones that you could then see what needs to be modded in order for that to work.

If i get time I will take a look at what I changed and post back with details
    If you got a chance that would be great mate. Only had an iphone for a shorttime, have had an ipod touch to play around with but would love to fix this asap, still gettin my head around the new iphone features.

ok looking into it I found that the com.apple.celestial.plist file you can mod and it will be louder but it resets it back to what it was each time you reboot.

and Looks like You have to convert it again to do the changes. i wonder if there is a way to Lock the file so that it wont be replaced.

I tried setting the settings to read only but still no luck

Hmm thats strange. Where in the file structure in 2.0 is com.apple.celestial.plist located? For now it may have to do until we can all discover a way to stop it from reverting back to default settings.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The file is located in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.

cyberduck does not show anything inside that directory for me?
    EDIT: it was just being wierd, a reboot of cyberduck shows its there now
    Last edited by Liink; 08-07-2008 at 03:48 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I found it by using the find command when I was SSH'd in. I restored my phone earlier today, the file should be there. SSH in and type this:

find / -name com.apple.celestial.plist -print

Once it finishes running, it should return one path to you. For me it was /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.

I had a little luck making things over all louder heh

but the best part is that i modded some files and now have this

When you take a picture the Phone vibrates for a spit second ot let you know you took one.

when you send mail with silent on it vibrates to let you know.

the Touchtone numbers are louder

The headphone output louder

when you hit a number on the touchpad it gives you vibrate feedback and also when you enable the click sounds for keyboard it will feedback with vibrations.

let me know if you guys are intrested i will pack it up and upload it ..

Just dont know where i would have to upload it cause i dont think links are allowed here

no matter what i edit in this com.apple.celestial.plist, my volume is staying the same...i dont understand why the speaker is so capable of creating such a loud sound and yet in calls its so quiet. If there was a way you could package up your findings id love to test it. This is gettin to the point where calls are just useless for me.
    Last edited by Liink; 08-07-2008 at 04:39 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    I had a little luck making things over all louder heh

but the best part is that i modded some files and now have this

When you take a picture the Phone vibrates for a spit second ot let you know you took one.

when you send mail with silent on it vibrates to let you know.

the Touchtone numbers are louder

The headphone output louder

when you hit a number on the touchpad it gives you vibrate feedback and also when you enable the click sounds for keyboard it will feedback with vibrations.

let me know if you guys are intrested i will pack it up and upload it ..

Just dont know where i would have to upload it cause i dont think links are allowed here
    I'm interested! Please upload it to Sendspace or something. I would appreciate it alot!

Oh and does it also make music and everything else louder? Like when I listen to music would it be louder then normal?

Me too would love to make it loader... thanks

john

ok packed it all up and put together a crappy read me haha but hey you should be able to get the idea haha

am I allowed to post links in here ?

Download link to iFEEDBACK

if not im sorry heh

try it out and let me know what you guys think. I might include this in my custom "tweaked" out theme im making for 2.0 which will include alot of performace and mod tweaks

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brokentwice For This Useful Post:

DiPSET08 (08-13-2008), hajabooja (08-12-2008), Prioryman (08-07-2008), robjrussell (08-08-2008)

they work well mate, nice work. So you havnt discovered a way of increasing in call volume? If you do be sure to add it to your pack

Still going to keep Looking I wonder if this is somthing thats in the firmware such as the apple boot logo that winpwn allows you to change... hmm

anyway heh they are fun little tweaks that I think add a little to the iphone heh

after a bit of use i think your sms keyboard vibrate becomes a bit overbearing haha. Ive had to restore that plist. Do any of you experience really low volume whilst in calls? If i cant find a file mod to fix this...should i return the phone for a new one?

Working well thank you. John

what do you mean by :

"keyboard clicks need to be on to have feedback in mobilesms.app "

how can i set it ?

Also how can i disable vibration in SMS as it is too much lolzz

Thanks
    Last edited by netuser; 08-07-2008 at 09:29 PM.

could you make this w/o the vibration I would greatly appreciate it
    Thanks
    Grip
    30+ Apps Installed And Going
    1.1.4 8GB Iphone
    Jailbraked using Ziphone !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast