+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New to Customize, slow load times?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am new to modding the iPhone and have been reading alot and trying to feel things out as much as I can. I have a book on unix coding
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default New to Customize, slow load times?
    I am new to modding the iPhone and have been reading alot and trying to feel things out as much as I can. I have a book on unix coding that I am drudging through as well, so should I sound noobish, I apologize and I am working on correcting it.

That said, many of the programs I have put on the phone have similiar load times, bossprefs, cydia, macman and the app store stuff. With Customize load times are closer to 20sec and I often get an error message referring to a slow connection. My geek side is guessing this is due to the programs recent release and everyone is trying to get customize back on their iphone and its a server bandwidth problem. Can anyone confirm? My only other guess is I need to delete/reinstall Customize. Thank you in advance.

(3G 8GB iPhone, WinXP PC, 128bit encryption that seems to be working on everything else wifi)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

well, customize always had long loading times ... I guess that's because it's connecting to the themes server. and due to the fact that the themes server seems offline a lot these days it takes customize a lot longer to load.
    I don't think theres something you can do about it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

YellowCopy (08-04-2008)