Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Very low headphone volume

Default Very low headphone volume
    Hello

I am on an (OTB 1.0.2) unlocked 1.1.4 by iliberty. I find the ipod headphone volume too low. Even in quiet surroundings, I have to set the volume limit to 80-90% . Have tried volume boost from iclarified with minimal difference.

I tried ivolume3 but it was too loud. Tried to edit the two files but couldnt know what values are to be adjusted for headphone. Tried adjusting values related to headphone but there was no change.

Could someone help me out. Volume issue is really frustrating me.

Thanks
    Mike

do you have an iphone / ipod touch from europe?
    if so, try to rename
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/RegionalVolumeLimits.plist
    to anything else (preferebly something like RegionalVolumeLimits.plist.bkup or something) and see if that solves your problem.

Note that the above path is the path for 2.0 firmware, on 1.1.4 I believe it was /System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework/ (not "PrivateFrameworks")

regards

Nope its from USA.

Can I still try this. Im on 1.1.4.
    Thnaks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mk151 For This Useful Post:

ttchris (01-14-2009)

yeah you can try, but as far as I know it shouldn't make any difference. maybe your iphones hardware is broken? in that case you have to get a new one. normally it should be loud enough.

It might be simple. iPhone/ iPod Touch headphones can be blocked by moisture and ear wax of course. Have you ever put on your headphones on when just out of the shower? Try a new pair of headphones. It might be as simple as this.
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

Thanx for replying.

Tried other headphone also but no success. Have also dfu restored but no success. I doubt its a hardware problem as the phone is working perfectly in all aspects and also ivolume 1.3 become so loud that its uncomfortable and difficult to adjust volum to comfortable levels.