Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G png's location?

Default 3G png's location?
    hey does anyone know where i can find the Default/FSO 3G png's? they dont seem to be in the springboard folder or the att carrier bundle folders....

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

i have been looking too, i have a cool 3G icon i want to put on too, i thought it was under corservices/springboard.app as default edge alt or something but it isnt. Anyone know?
    iLive an iLife

well, I don't have a 3G iPhone, but I'm pretty sure those are under
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

no its not... they have a gprs,edge, and alt edge icon in the folder...but no 3g..unless its named something different...

maybe the edge icon is the 3G icon on 3G devices? that's the only thing I could think off ...

nope..gprs is a circle like icon...edge active is the usual E...and alt edge is a G.....so im still looking..ill keep you guys updated..

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

I was just about to post that sub, I'm looking for this too so I'll be looking too, will get back when I find something out

Can it be the FSO_UMTS_ON.png file???
    You, sir, have been PWNED.
    Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    MGS "!" Alert Custom Text Sound
    Two MGS Ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by polishdemon View Post
    Can it be the FSO_UMTS_ON.png file???
    where's that file supposed to be? I don't have a file named like that in my Springboard.app folder ... ? maybe that's because I don't have a 3G iphone but others here who DO have a 3G phone don't seem to have found that file either

but if that file really exists that's it

wow...i must of went over this folder 20 times..and passed right over it.. but yeah...the "FSO_UMTS_ON.png" and the "Default_UMTS_ON.png" are the 3G png files.. thanks man..
    Last edited by SubZ3r0; 07-30-2008 at 08:58 PM.

Yep no problem! But question, when I copy those (meaning any .png's) files to my desktop to open up, they won't open up whatsoever...it's quite weird...it says they are corrupted or something...any tips?
    Last edited by polishdemon; 07-30-2008 at 09:26 PM.
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    Two MGS Ringtones

ya...i think they are some special apple png..i dunno...but to fix that.. use iPhone browser..because as you view them..it converts them...and when u SaveAs to your desktop..it converts them to a regular viewable png.

Ahhhhh ok I'm sshing right now so I'll test it out...

Tested with iPhone 1.70 (the new one) and didn't work...will try with 1.6

EDIT: Works with 1.5.2...
    Last edited by polishdemon; 07-31-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    Two MGS Ringtones

ya..im using iPhone browser v1.6.0.0 and its been working fine so far...sept i cant access some directories...such as applications.. but i heard ssh'ing works for that...but i dont have any wifi around

can anyone post those 3G icons on this thread please?

EDIT: never mind. I found it on a French iPhone forums... enjoy your modding people
    Last edited by phattbam; 09-03-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SubZ3r0 View Post
    ya..im using iPhone browser v1.6.0.0 and its been working fine so far...sept i cant access some directories...such as applications.. but i heard ssh'ing works for that...but i dont have any wifi around
    yeah you have to go the long way around, i figured out sshing was way better, do you have a laptop with a wireless card?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

sorry to bring back a dead thread guys but i thought i might be able to be of some help. i have been able to successfully change the 2 UMTS png files to other ones via the upload/rename way.

regarding SSH without wifi i had an idea, since i know netshare works can you use netshare to create a connection using your iphone and then SSH using that connection?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You can use iPhone Tunnel Suite to SSH without wifi or with wifi. Have you checked it out?

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, Tunnel suite works sweet. Total freedom from wifi and its fast.