Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Before You Restore

Default Before You Restore
    hey guys, just thought i would add something i found useful through experience. I've only had to restore my phone once due to a very stupid mistake of adding everything from iphonebinkit and not exec. all of them. Regardless, of that mistake, i've never had any problems with softwares and before thinking of restoring i followed these steps and i've never had a problem, take my word.

IN SIMPLE--do the following and you might NOT have to restore you iphone.

1)go to command prompt and type in services.msc and then find the apple mobile...and restart the service for it.

2)try repluggin in dock/usb, etc

3)run jailbreak again

4)restart computer

i've gotten afc problems and so many other things, and by interchanging or doing one of these i've been able to fix my errors and not have had to restore my iphone. Hopefully this works for you guys too, later!

Quote Originally Posted by djmaddy View Post
    hey guys, just thought i would add something i found useful through experience. I've only had to restore my phone once due to a very stupid mistake of adding everything from iphonebinkit and not exec. all of them. Regardless, of that mistake, i've never had any problems with softwares and before thinking of restoring i followed these steps and i've never had a problem, take my word.

IN SIMPLE--do the following and you might NOT have to restore you iphone.

1)go to command prompt and type in services.msc and then find the apple mobile...and restart the service for it.

2)try repluggin in dock/usb, etc

3)run jailbreak again

4)restart computer

i've gotten afc problems and so many other things, and by interchanging or doing one of these i've been able to fix my errors and not have had to restore my iphone. Hopefully this works for you guys too, later!
    good tips, ill post this on the faq later.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

Default thanks bro
    Quote Originally Posted by arthursdomain View Post
    good tips, ill post this on the faq later.
    thanks bro, hopefully this helps everyone!