Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Maps on 1.1.1?

Hi I Delete The Map Application can some One Help Me How Instal Again Please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I'd have to take exception to that. Yes, Microsoft (as you'll note in all of their propaganda and commercials) strongly gives the impression that if you want to get anything done, you HAVE to use Windows. But Apple? Remember that OSX is based on a Unix platform. Ubuntu and Aqua are simply UI's of that platform.
    Does using OSX give you the same freedom as Ubuntu?
    To live, you have to lie

its been suggested that the apps released for the iTouch, Maps being one of them, might be a good place to start as they install themelves. However they have yet to crack the encryption and its 1024 so very strong, took them a over a week last time and it will take longer now due to the encryption used.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

AJMCTAGGART
    Default Didn't think about the touch apps
    Nice work!
    That's why I come here-perspective is key to this stuff...

Here is what I am thinking...

If someone has a iPod touch, are these apps add-on or does the iPod Touch get the update to 1.1.3 as well?

Let me ask the Windows users this...Has anyone been able to halt the process while iTunes has the disk image unencrypted to apply it to the iPhone? This would be key...

the encryption does suck but someone will crack it...

Believe me, I don't care if I do it first, I just want someone to figure it out...

If you need the maps app, I think it's around this site somewhere, No?

And remember Mac is BASED on unix, Ubuntu IS Linux, a whole world of difference there, Aqua is a custom GUI mounted on a custom Kernel, Ubuntu uses Gnome and the Debian base...there is a world of difference there still...you CAN do nearly anything in os x you can do in Unix, but not as easily, and still not as openly...(foo-d for thought)

Let me know if anyone has bought the add-on, if we're in Windows, we may be able to lock up ITunes while image is unencrypted, I just don't know so much about windows...

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    Try going through the forum and constantly seeing new threads all asking the same question that has been answered over and over and over again, and try not to be a little frustrated when someone comes in and their very first post is something they would know the answer too had they did a little bit of research in how the phone works.

I am not saying you should be a dev to understand everything. Just basic common sense and research skills that you would use in high school for a paper would be more than enough.

edit: Since he doesn't want that cookie, can I have it?
    If you see a thread topic that you know has already been answered, just give them a link or the answer, and KINDLY ask them to search next time. If you're going to go to the trouble of clicking on the thread and posting in just telling them they're a noob or whatever, don't bother. One of the major cons of this forum in my opinion is how much people get flamed when they ask a question that's already been answered. The only thing that is going to do is push them away from using our forum, and go somewhere else where the members are nicer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timbrex View Post
    Jeeeezusss.....are you girls on your rags or something......talk about
    Sensitive
    lol

i think we all should b nice to one another after all we are A community **

i think we can show some concern towards someone who is trying to understand it better or allready know but wants suggestions ...Isn't that what the discussion boards are for?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thank you... and exactly that.. I had a bad day and I took it out on someone else... I felt bad.. and yes we are a community.

Timbrex I admit when I am wrong even if it makes me sound like I am on my rag =) ... call me nice I guess =P

Quote Originally Posted by jayc7176 View Post

lol

i think we all should b nice to one another after all we are A community **

i think we can show some concern towards someone who is trying to understand it better or allready know but wants suggestions ...Isn't that what the discussion boards are for?

anymore new information on this since 1.13 has been jailbroken?? i was interested in this also and was wondering if anyone has tried to get the apps off and try them on 1.1.1 (that is if it is at all possible!)

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyecandy0420 View Post
    anymore new information on this since 1.13 has been jailbroken?? i was interested in this also and was wondering if anyone has tried to get the apps off and try them on 1.1.1 (that is if it is at all possible!)
    ^ what he said
    iLive an iLife

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12