+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: deleting name of each app text under the icon?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
is there a way to manually remove the text under each icon that says that name of the app? I know with Summerboard it used to let you toggle that
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default deleting name of each app text under the icon?
    is there a way to manually remove the text under each icon that says that name of the app?

I know with Summerboard it used to let you toggle that on/off but we dont have that option yet.

How do i do this? i like just having the icons, and no text.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

well, there is /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/yourLanguage.lproj/LocalizedApplicationNames.strings

you can alter this to make every applications name into "" (so just empty). But for some strange reason I am unable to change the name of the iPod application with this file, it always stays "iPod" no matter what I type into the file. But all other applications worked fine for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    well, there is /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/yourLanguage.lproj/LocalizedApplicationNames.strings

you can alter this to make every applications name into "" (so just empty). But for some strange reason I am unable to change the name of the iPod application with this file, it always stays "iPod" no matter what I type into the file. But all other applications worked fine for me.
    well i messed with that a little. not really knowing what im doing. i couldnt use a hex editor and get it done right and messed up a little and forgot to make a backup of it

... but i found an already modified (in chinese) string and just changed the chinese charachters to nothing. and it deleted the text, but it only worked for some of the regular stuff like mail, sms, phone, etc... but doesnt help for appstore apps or cydia apps, and a few other regular ones.

i got it back to stock now, i guess ill just leave it alone untill theres an easier way.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

well, I don't know about appStore apps, but you CAN edit cydia apps but it's a little difficult.

but since you can't edit the iPod application it became pretty useless to me.

Thanks

i pretty much sit at the same place as you guys.

Seems that them apps are store else where could be that