Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g Battery Images Location

Default 3g Battery Images Location
    I've currently got a pwned 3g iphone, and have been changing the battery images with the Planet iPhone-mods contained with Cydia. I removed a battery to make room for another, and now all the sudden Cydia returns an error when I try to install another battery:

"Source Error - subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1"

I'm pretty sure its trying to replace a battery image that isnt on the phone anymore.

My question - where on earth are the battery images found on this phone? All directories I've found on this forum have to do with customize, which isnt on the 2.0!

the battery images are located in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ like most images not realted to a specific app.

If you are talking about the little battery icons in the status bar those are named Default_Battery*.png and FSO_Battery*.png
    If you are talking about the big battery icons that appear on the unlock screen when you charge those are named Battery*.png

subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1

i gots no battery image

i don't see a springboard directory in the 3G phone after pwn-ing... i'll try looking again
    Last edited by 808mp5; 07-24-2008 at 07:53 PM.

I solve this "subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1" reinstalling DEBiAN, in Manage.

lucky you. I just tried it and never work for me.

I noticed the battery files were missing and that was the cause of this install bug.

To fix this:

1. Go to the battery background directory:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    2. Add the 17 missing files BatteryBG_1.png-BatteryBG_17.png. You can find these files on your backups or google them.
    3. Restart your ifone
    4. The battery background images should be restored.
    5. Reinstall any of the Cydia battery images
    6. To avoid the same problem, DO NOT UNINSTALL them. This may cause them to be deleted and you lost your images again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dssdude For This Useful Post:

Dr.Baka (08-01-2009)