+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Location of icons for customization.

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've found where a lot of the icons are located so you can change then on your own. Icons for apps are located in: private/var/stash/Applications.LiJHgl Apps that you download are
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Location of icons for customization.
    I've found where a lot of the icons are located so you can change then on your own.

Icons for apps are located in:
    private/var/stash/Applications.LiJHgl

Apps that you download are located in:
    private/var/mobile/Applications
    Once there open the numbered directories and then the app name to find the icon.

To change just about every other icon, such as battery, WIFI logo, etc, go to:
    System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app

The Carrier icon can be located in:
    System/Library/Carrier Bundles
    Then find your carrier and change the name of the icon you want to be whatever it shows.

For example if you're on ATT: go to ATT_US.bundle, change the name of the icon you want in place of the standard logo to Default_CARRIER_ATT and replace it. Be sure to make one for the FSO version as well.

Once you replace the icon's with the onces you want be restart your iPhone and voila, new theme!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

do you know where the icon for safari's webapps that you put on your homescreen are?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dis1krazyazn View Post
    do you know where the icon for safari's webapps that you put on your homescreen are?

It's in:

private/var/mobile/Library/Webclips

Then open the numbered directory and the icon's in there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Goallie11 For This Useful Post:

jevaisaller (08-23-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone popmanbx's Avatar
    Thanks

kewl, thanks
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

Thanks

Where is the camera app located? it is not in the applications folder also I cannot seem to change the ipod icon or the photos icon..

Nevermind! havnt changed icons manually in so long! forgot about the icon-camera and such! lol
    Last edited by icedx2; 07-23-2008 at 06:22 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having a problem w/ this. Here is what i do. I am using iPhoneBrowser 1.6. Say i have replaced my Aim icon w/ a new one. > restart. works fine. > i go to replace my weatherbug app with a new icon. > restart. Weatherbug app works > Aim app cannot open anymore. any ideas? am i missing something?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by graphx View Post
    I am having a problem w/ this. Here is what i do. I am using iPhoneBrowser 1.6. Say i have replaced my Aim icon w/ a new one. > restart. works fine. > i go to replace my weatherbug app with a new icon. > restart. Weatherbug app works > Aim app cannot open anymore. any ideas? am i missing something?
    I don't know if you can change the icons of appStore apps that easily.
    but if you go to your applications section i itunes, go to the information panel of an application and there to the "cover" tab, there is an option to change the "cover" (=icon). don't know if that works but you might wanna give it a shot

Thanks

Here guys this should help you a lot as it describes in detail were everything is.....unlike the original post. THANX.
    Iphone images descriptions and locations - ModMyI - Wiki

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

damn. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but changing the icons in any of the applications from the app store will result in them no longer working. They may work as soon as you change them, but eventually your apps WILL no longer open and you'll have to delete and reinstall them. Once you restart your phone , your apps will no longer function, if not before then.

I wouldn't mess around with the app store programs until/if a proven solution has been found that will allow changing icons with the program terminating."
    Last edited by graphx; 07-25-2008 at 03:35 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kline1 View Post
    Here guys this should help you a lot as it describes in detail were everything is.....unlike the original post. THANX.
    Iphone images descriptions and locations - ModMyI - Wiki
    Thanks but the location of those files have changed. They aren't as simple to find as they were in 1.1.4. So I went ahead and found the full location.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goallie11 View Post
    Thanks but the location of those files have changed. They aren't as simple to find as they were in 1.1.4. So I went ahead and found the full location.

So where are the springboard application icons??? I wanna change them, but I can't locate them........

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rsx664 View Post
    So where are the springboard application icons??? I wanna change them, but I can't locate them........
    Default applications and ones downloaded from Installer or Cydia are in /Applications. Inside the application itself, the icons are named "icon.png."
    Applications downloaded form the App Store are in private/var/stash/Applications.(random letters) and are also called "icon.png."

But I would use Winterboard.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't find the icon.png in my folders............. that's where they used to be..........

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rsx664 View Post
    I can't find the icon.png in my folders............. that's where they used to be..........
    So you are saying that in /Applications/AppStore.app, there is no icon.png?
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

correct, same for phone, mobile mail, safari etc................

I ended up just using Winterboard and downloaded the default them and started putting all my icons in the icon folder........