+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to install iSwap

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey guys, so thanks to Kennx we have the iSwap and i know many of us couldn't get it to work, and its because we didn't have the proper binaries.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Cool How to install iSwap
    hey guys, so thanks to Kennx we have the iSwap and i know many of us couldn't get it to work, and its because we didn't have the proper binaries. Here's what I did.

Download the iphonebinkit0.0.6 or something like that.

Find these files in it and put them in your iPhone.

in the iPhone's /bin, put these files: bash, ps, kill, mv, and sed

in the iPhone's /usr/bin , put this: grep

make sure to make these chmod +x these, or simply right click properties and type in 0777 in octal #.

Finally, once again make sure your .plist are correctly formatted as Kennx the creator had said, and everything should work fine. I've attached pics from mine. The first image is my main interface, where you see the 'H' in "HV", is where i have a hidden icon for the iSwap application, when i click that it goes to image 2 [which shows the iSwap is switching desktops]. After that it goes to the third image you see [i didn't play around so much], but essentially I hid the names of all my applications, but "lights off". The first icon[to the left of lights off in my 2nd desktop], is the iSwap, and the second icon is of course the lights off. I put no more applications after that. However i did keep the phone, mail, etc. One more thing, when editing your display order and screen2 .plists, make sure iSwap is NOT hidden. Otherwise, you will be stuck on one screen. Only way to fix that is to delete the iSwap app and Screen2.plist, and put the stock displayorder plist back where it goes, let me know if you have any questions. BTW thanks to Kennx again for this cool app!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Where'd you get that cool skin?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default To Poetic_Folly
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Where'd you get that cool skin?
    I made it, took like 4-5 hours, I had adobe cs3 and had tech brushes, plus i've always liked cool interfaces. Once somebody figures out how to have a video app that runs when you turn on your iPhone, i'm gonna try to make a fingerprint scanner video lol, mission impossible 007 style =]

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Care to share?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default To Poetic_Folly
    Care to share?
    I could give you my version of it, however here are the things to know.

1)I dont have original .psd for it so no way to edit to customize where icons go.

2)this is one huge icon [aka my icon for demoapp]

3)Also, if you add any new apps they will show up where H and V are, my initials. I made my terminal and iswap, which touch the sides of H and V respectively transparent, thats the only reason they dont show haha.

So if you want it, it will be a file named icon.png , otherwise I'll be happy to share it with you Kyle!

Thanks

you must figure this out by tonight lol
    Hit Thanks!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

sad... might still be fun.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sad... might still be fun.
    oh man i feel bad P_S, anything i can do for ya?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Ha, no, I think I'll be all right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm stuck trying to figure out how to add the non-stock icons to the DisplayOrder.plist file... The stock ones are easy enough, cut & paste into the order you want, but I have items on my home screen (Terminal, Lights Off, Installer, and now iSwap) that are not listed in the DisplayOrder.plist file that I've pulled off my phone, so I have no idea how to put them into the new lists I'm making so they can be seen.

Where exactly are these strings to be found? I even looked at the sample plist files on the author's site, but that didn't help...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimWright View Post
    I'm stuck trying to figure out how to add the non-stock icons to the DisplayOrder.plist file... The stock ones are easy enough, cut & paste into the order you want, but I have items on my home screen (Terminal, Lights Off, Installer, and now iSwap) that are not listed in the DisplayOrder.plist file that I've pulled off my phone, so I have no idea how to put them into the new lists I'm making so they can be seen.

Where exactly are these strings to be found? I even looked at the sample plist files on the author's site, but that didn't help...
    Ah... Okay, should have put this info in as well... Anyway, each app will have an Info.plist file and inside of is a string for the CFBundleIdentifier and that's the string you want to put into your DisplayOrder.plist or Screen2.plist files. For example, for iSwap it says com.kennx.iSwap and that is what the DisplayOrder.plist/Screen2.plist files are looking for. Hope that clears things up!

-KennX

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Great, thanks much! I'm off to fill up another screen full of apps...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djmaddy View Post
    hey guys, so thanks to Kennx we have the iSwap and i know many of us couldn't get it to work, and its because we didn't have the proper binaries. Here's what I did.

Download the iphonebinkit0.0.6 or something like that.

Find these files in it and put them in your iPhone.

in the iPhone's /bin, put these files: bash, ps, kill, mv, and sed

in the iPhone's /usr/bin , put this: grep

make sure to make these chmod +x these, or simply right click properties and type in 0777 in octal #.

Finally, once again make sure your .plist are correctly formatted as Kennx the creator had said, and everything should work fine. I've attached pics from mine. The first image is my main interface, where you see the 'H' in "HV", is where i have a hidden icon for the iSwap application, when i click that it goes to image 2 [which shows the iSwap is switching desktops]. After that it goes to the third image you see [i didn't play around so much], but essentially I hid the names of all my applications, but "lights off". The first icon[to the left of lights off in my 2nd desktop], is the iSwap, and the second icon is of course the lights off. I put no more applications after that. However i did keep the phone, mail, etc. One more thing, when editing your display order and screen2 .plists, make sure iSwap is NOT hidden. Otherwise, you will be stuck on one screen. Only way to fix that is to delete the iSwap app and Screen2.plist, and put the stock displayorder plist back where it goes, let me know if you have any questions. BTW thanks to Kennx again for this cool app!

By far the sexxiest theme I have ever seen, can you please share this? But I swear this is the hardest app I have ever tryed to install.
    Heres my issue.... I did an restore, because for some reason the app wouldnt do nothing and I had everything right, after the restore, jailbroke again, ssh kit install again, put in binaries, 0775d them in winscp, installed the app, 0775d iSwap as well, launch app.... loads to second screen, but everything I have tried, the iSwap icon does not show up on 2nd screen so all I'm stuck with is black screen with gray bottom dock, it is in the iconlist on Screen2.plist, but no show, as a matter fact, none of my dock icons show either on Screen 2... any ideas?
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 08-17-2007 at 12:11 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    By far the sexxiest theme I have ever seen, can you please share this? But I swear this is the hardest app I have ever tryed to install.
    Heres my issue.... I did an restore, because for some reason the app wouldnt do nothing and I had everything right, after the restore, jailbroke again, ssh kit install again, put in binaries, 0775d them in winscp, installed the app, 0775d iSwap as well, launch app.... loads to second screen, but everything I have tried, the iSwap icon does not show up on 2nd screen so all I'm stuck with is black screen with gray bottom dock, it is in the iconlist on Screen2.plist, but no show, as a matter fact, none of my dock icons show either on Screen 2... any ideas?
    hey bro, i dont mind sharing this theme. The only problem is this:

1)my demoapp is one huge icon, and all the 16 icons from sms>>settings that you see are not actually icons. They are all imprinted on my demoapp icon[aka the one big icon]. What i did was for all my top 16 icons, i replaced each icon.png in their respective folder with a 60X60 icon that was transparent and interlaced. Therefore i have hidden icons on top of my big background [demoapp icon]. Also, my dock icons>>aka phone, mail, safari, ipod also follow a similar method. My background dock 2 whatever its name was already has the icons placed on it and the 4 icons of phone, mail, safari, ipod are hidden icons like i mentioned above.

To sum this, if you still want it here's what you would be getting.

1)an icon.png for the demo.app which has the sms, calendar, photos, etc "imprinted" on the interface, therefore you cannot change the order of the icons. however if you're using iSwap and have a second desktop, i'm sure you could put your other apps there, right?

2)the dock background file [aka the bottom part of the interface]

3)a 60 X 60 pixel icon that is transparent, therefore "hidden"

Let me know if that helps you or anyone else who likes this theme.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hey bro, i dont mind sharing this theme. The only problem is this:

1)my demoapp is one huge icon, and all the 16 icons from sms>>settings that you see are not actually icons. They are all imprinted on my demoapp icon[aka the one big icon]. What i did was for all my top 16 icons, i replaced each icon.png in their respective folder with a 60X60 icon that was transparent and interlaced. Therefore i have hidden icons on top of my big background [demoapp icon]. Also, my dock icons>>aka phone, mail, safari, ipod also follow a similar method. My background dock 2 whatever its name was already has the icons placed on it and the 4 icons of phone, mail, safari, ipod are hidden icons like i mentioned above.

To sum this, if you still want it here's what you would be getting.

1)an icon.png for the demo.app which has the sms, calendar, photos, etc "imprinted" on the interface, therefore you cannot change the order of the icons. however if you're using iSwap and have a second desktop, i'm sure you could put your other apps there, right?

2)the dock background file [aka the bottom part of the interface]

3)a 60 X 60 pixel icon that is transparent, therefore "hidden"

Let me know if that helps you or anyone else who likes this theme.

Sounds good... share away... I'm all for it

Green Apple
    Thanks

is there a way to install a app and just have it shown in the second screen?
    its annoying how u have to edit the DisplayOrder thing everytime i install a app from installer

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teriyakiboy13 View Post
    is there a way to install a app and just have it shown in the second screen?
    its annoying how u have to edit the DisplayOrder thing everytime i install a app from installer
    so far, i dont know how to otherwise. When i find out i'll let you know

Thanks

Default Add app to 2nd screen w/o editing plist
    so far, i dont know how to otherwise. When i find out i'll let you know
    Well, one way to do it is that if you max out (16 icons) your main screen then every thing else you add will automatically only show up on your second screen. You won't have to edit the file as it won't be in the list of those NOT to show. Hope that helps!

-KennX

iPhone? More like MyPhone ToxicFTW's Avatar
    Thanks

How do we convert the displayorder.plist so that its not in binary? That problem right there is the only thing holding me back from getting to install iSwap.

Edit: I did a little searching and found this: Download.
    Last edited by ToxicFTW; 08-21-2007 at 04:21 PM.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

Thanks

Default DisplayOrder.plist not binary
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFTW View Post
    How do we convert the displayorder.plist so that its not in binary? That problem right there is the only thing holding me back from getting to install iSwap.

Edit: I did a little searching and found this: Download.
    Just as an FYI I've had no problems editing the DisplayOrder.plist files using WordPad and/or Notepad on a PC. Notepad was what I initially used but it was a little harder to edit as it sometimes didn't recognize the formatting.

If you DO this on a PC, however, make sure you have Windows set up to view file extensions so that you don't accidentally get it renamed to something like DisplayOrder.plist.rtf or .txt or something like that.

The .plist files are XML Property List (plist) and are plain text. Formatted, but they don't have any binary in them.

Hope that helps!

-KennX