Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: calendar text positioning

Default calendar text positioning
    I have been looking at several different Calendar icons and the thing about most of them is they are all similar. And the reason for that is that they sort of have to be. So, I'm wondering if anyone has figured out how to customize how the iPhone displays the text. Maybe change the font, change the positioning of the text, etc. There has to be some file that tells it what pixels to put the day and what pixels to put the number. It's not listed in the Calendar.app as I've scoured all those files. I am still looking around to see if I can find it, but I wanted to see if anyone else has come across these values.

X
    Last edited by xious; 01-10-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: email notification

SpringBoard is the application that draws the main screen.

It is unlikely, however, that the font and position information are in a file. That would involve extra programming effort for no particular reason.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Seeing as how the Calendar.app can be moved to different positions, I would think that there is something dictating the positioning of the different elements. You don't think that there is a resource file that Springboard uses to determine what to display and how to display it?

I haven't actually tried breaking down Springboard like I've read about in different posts. Maybe doing that will give me a little more insight.

The plist file for SpringBoard that Customize modifies controls icon order and what to skip, but the SBIconClass key in the application's Info.plist tells SpringBoard to handle the Calendar.app icon specially.
    Hpwever, I think the details of font and placement for the day of week and date are part of the SpringBoard program.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage