Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper on 2.0

Default Wallpaper on 2.0
    can you change the wallpaper on 2.0 by SSH a new one thats not boring black like the my stock one. Im not talking about the lock screen wallpaper I'm talking about the home screen that is black.

I would love to find out how to do this also.

Quote Originally Posted by questioncom View Post
    Me 3!
    umm hi?

Quote Originally Posted by questioncom View Post
    i would love to but, probably won't happen until they release the new summerboard for 2.0
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

there is no png for that, but there is SBDock png, just make an image that looks like your dock and wallpaper togheter. Should work.

I saw that in another post, but just tried it and didnt work, sorry.
    Last edited by rimigoca; 07-22-2008 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rimigoca View Post
    there is no png for that, but there is SBDock png, just make an image that looks like your dock and wallpaper togheter. Should work.

I saw that in another post, but just tried it and didnt work, sorry.
    Didnt work for me either.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

We have to wait for Summerboard for 2.0
    -Nicole

if we can find out what changes summerboard does to the springboard that enables the wallpaper.. im sure we could do that manual.

I have pretty much gotten everything back to how I had it on 1.1.4

Im big on making My whole phone custom and was pretty much able to mod all the files back. but def am looking into this as well. will post back with results gonna try a few diffrent things.

Come one guys, someone has to figure this out. If we can do this manually without summberboard, I'll for it.

/usr/lib/dyld��� ���\������$XF��š��–�/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation�� ���T������XF��b��,/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation�� ���L������žXF������/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/UIKit���� ���P������žXF������/System/Library/Frameworks/LayerKit.framework/LayerKit�� ���X������fXF����@�/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/CoreGraphics�� ���P������XF������/System/Library/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/WebCore���� ���`������֝XF������/System/Library/Frameworks/GraphicsServices.framework/GraphicsServices�� ���X������XF������/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreSurface.framework/CoreSurface���� ���T������XF������/System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/AppSupport�� ���4������mEWF��^����/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib�� ���4������œXF������/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib�����������p�����}����

found that in the app file .... hmmmmmm maybe its a place to start looking ??

Good Luk Looking Then.

yea, i heard it is very hard and difficult to do without summerboard, but an alternative would be how we used to do it back in the day, make a background but cut spaces out for where the apps would be and than put than file as the icon for demo.app and put it in the bottom right side about the dock, but it would only work for the first page but than again u can make field test.app the same thing except for ur next page.

also you can make oversized icons with parts of the backgrounds in each icon, but than u wouldnt be able to move the icons around to your liking, of course that didnt matter back in the days of 1.0.2
    Last edited by icedx2; 07-25-2008 at 02:27 PM.

i looked in the who9le springboard app folder and i didnt find it. hmmmm tricky. shouldnt there be just a defaultBG.png that we can replace?

How does summerboard do it in the old version?

Yeah, does anyone actually know how summerboard/customize managed this? If we can find source somewhere, I'd be open to manually writing a quick app to tide us over until summerboard/customize...

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

you cant find the one file to change the wallpaper and never will because stock, the iPhone doesn't have a wallpaper, its just blank, or black. What summerboard did/does was put a wallpaper over many files so either wait for summerboard or experiment if you feel strong. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...per-2-0-a.html

17. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (07-31-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Check out this thread and read the tutorial/guide by Kaician

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...-manually.html

I edited my first icong.png using his templates and guide and was able to comeplete my theme (see below)

Its actually pretty easy and it will do for now (at least for me) or until summerboard gets release.

Enjoy and dont forget to thank Kaician!
    Last edited by williamjv; 08-01-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamjv View Post
    Check out this thread and read the tutorial/guide by Kaician

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...-manually.html

I edited my first icong.png using his templates and guide and was able to comeplete my theme (see below)

Its actually pretty easy and it will do for now (at least for me) or until summerboard gets release.

Enjoy and dont forget to thank Kaician!
    OMG i want this theme please can you help me have like yours ?

thanks alot