+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kate Lite

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My wife and I recently got a pair of used iPhones to use on T-Mobile. I unlocked and jailbroke both with ZiPhone. We're loving our new toys. There are things
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Kate Lite
    My wife and I recently got a pair of used iPhones to use on T-Mobile. I unlocked and jailbroke both with ZiPhone. We're loving our new toys.

There are things we miss that our simple Motorola PEBL's did which the iPhone does not ... one of which is a continued reminder when you've missed a call or text message.

Last night I found "Kate", which is really something! But, $45/license is a bit extreme. I realize there are a lot of items bundled into Kate, but we only want/need one ... the SMS Reminder.

I wrote to RipDev and asked if there was or will be "Kate Lite". They replied that there isn't and don't foresee it coming out.

But, I work for a large software company. I know that market demand yields results. So, if you, too, want just one item out of "Kate" and would pay for it, but want a lower price option, write to RipDev and request "Kate Lite", as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can agree somewhat that $45 for an unlimited license is a bit steep, but in saying that i bought it anyway and have not regretted it for a second.

Sometimes you just gotta say wtf

Very usefull piece of software and gotta say thanks to the guys who wrote it, hope my $45 came in handy for future development

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Intelliscreen is your best bet. It's a bit cheaper but you get the alert function plus a lot of extras a past PDA user would like.

News, Email, Calendar all on your lock screen, as well as alerts for missed calls/sms/mail/etc.

I text a lot so I have SMS pop ups disabled and alerts to remind me of unread texts at every 10 minutes.

I really can't see using my phone without this program anymore. I highly recommend it as an alternative to Kate, which I doubt I'll ever use.

It has a free trial so check it out, I'm sure you'll fall in love with it as much as I did: Intelliscreen
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneMadness For This Useful Post:

LogicAl2008 (07-19-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    Intelliscreen is your best bet.

I found IntelliScreen before and I didn't see the notes that it does chime on an interval when you miss a call, SMS or calendar event. They really need to emphasize that, IMHO.

Thanks. I've installed the 10-day trial and so far so good. I didn't have to follow their instructions for adding them to the Source list --- they were in the list of apps to install after I fully unlocked and jailbroke the phone with ZiPhone.

Thanks again!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LogicAl2008 View Post
    I found IntelliScreen before and I didn't see the notes that it does chime on an interval when you miss a call, SMS or calendar event. They really need to emphasize that, IMHO.

Thanks. I've installed the 10-day trial and so far so good. I didn't have to follow their instructions for adding them to the Source list --- they were in the list of apps to install after I fully unlocked and jailbroke the phone with ZiPhone.

Thanks again!
    No problem, check out some of the other features it comes with like Intellidial. More and more I'm finding I can't do without this app.

And your right about them not really emphasize that, to me it just makes the app 10x better. I guess there's so many great features that comes with the app that it's hard to just emphasize one thing.

Anyways, hope you like it as much as I do.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.