+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need a huge favor. Settings > Phone not working.

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This morning before I left for work, I did a little research on changing the Phone settings menu on my iPhone. I left my PC on w/ the page pulled
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I need a huge favor. Settings > Phone not working.
    This morning before I left for work, I did a little research on changing the Phone settings menu on my iPhone. I left my PC on w/ the page pulled up and my iPhone plugged into the USB port. I get home from work today w/ a stickie note saying "You can thank me later Bro". My little brother (22yrs old) decided to take it upon himself to upload new Services.strings, Services.plist, Phone.strings, & Phone.plist to my device. Now when I go to Settings > Phone, the phone option is highlighted but never goes to the settings. I downloaded the files to my desktop but numbnuts edited the backup files and uploaded them back to the device. Would someone mind uploading or emailing me original Service.plist and Phone.plist in /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/MobilePhoneSettings.bundle/, and Services.strings and Phone.strings go in /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/MobilePhoneSettings.bundle/English.lproj/ from a 1.1.2 device. Any help is greatly appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude... Just reset it. it will restore all the .plists to their original state
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Reset or Restore? I modified the crap out of the device and it's going to be a PIA to do it all again just to get back the original settings for 4 files. Any other ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I could actually use these files as well. I edited them without backing them up like a moron. Now, just like quicksand's phone, the Phone Settings highlights but does nothing. Suffice it to say, I backup EVERYTHING before I start messing around.

And yeah, resetting the phone is not an option (or at least the absolute last option). I have done too much configuring to reset it for just that one setting.