Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are the iPhone variables stored?

Default Where are the iPhone variables stored?
    hi,
    I recently discovered the Preferences.app on my ipod touch. I played with it a little and understood most of the things and how they work (I guess). I also discovered that there are lots of hidden settings apple apparently doesn't want us to change. I found some of the "hidden" settings on the internet, for example stuff like "SBFakeCarrier" to set a fake carrier name, or "SBShowBatteryLevel" to show numeric battery values. Unfortunatly, I just found very little settings and I wondered how people found out about them, since they dont appear in any of the *.plist-files in /private/var/root/Library/Preferences until they have been set (and of course I can only set them if I know about them).
    So my question is: Where are all those nice little variables stored? How can I find out about them? I'm sure there are some more than those I found but I cannot find them.
    Also there seem to be "set functions" like, for example, "setBacklightValue" which is used in the /Applications/Preferences.app/Brightness.plist. if anyone knows where those can be found that would be nice too.

thanks!
    blackwolf

Disassemble SpringBoard.app with IDA Pro, that's how I did it...