+ Reply
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 270

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: HOW TO: iPhone Data Recovery

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Just took a look at the dmg and looks like all file _data_ is encrypted.. Note that when you mount it on the phone, you can read decrypted files, but
...
  1. #161
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bellevue WA
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Just took a look at the dmg and looks like all file _data_ is encrypted.. Note that when you mount it on the phone, you can read decrypted files, but obviously not the ones that were deleted. So, if your phone doesn't boot but data partition is mountable in SSH, you can copy those files, but if you've deleted files or the partition doesn't mount, you seem to be screwed, at least until someone figures how to decode the file data.

  2. #162
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Yeah I am thinking the encryption situation might be whats going on...im going to try some other tools like scalpel to see if i cqan get anything from them. Any other ideas?

  3. #163
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I'm in same situation "3Gs iOS4" with encrypted user partition image.
    I'v heard something about /private/var/keybags/systembag.kb
    that keeps the keys.

    any idea how to use it?

  4. #164
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i'm using iphone 4 os 4.1
    i already tried anything
    for transfering img file to

    Code:
    dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2 bs=4096 | ssh [email protected] 'dd of=iphone_rdisk0s2_4096.img'

    and

    dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2 bs=4096KB | ssh [email protected] 'dd of=iphone_rdisk0s2_4096KB.img'

    and

    dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2s1 bs=4096KB | ssh [email protected] 'dd of=iphone_rdisk0s2s1_4096KB.img'

    and

    dd if=/dev/disk0 | ssh <username>@<computer-ip> 'dd of=iphone-dump.img'

    but when i input the password
    always got "setgid : invalid argument"

    anyone can help me please???
    thanks

  5. #165
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Saintx7, iOS 4.1 uses disk encryption. Even if you are able to get an img file. You will not be able to recover files from the image file.

  6. #166
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kmarker View Post
    Saintx7, iOS 4.1 uses disk encryption. Even if you are able to get an img file. You will not be able to recover files from the image file.
    so any solution for me??
    thanks

  7. #167
    iPhoneaholic 143voltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    485
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by saintx7 View Post
    i'm using iphone 4 os 4.1
    i already tried anything
    for transfering img file to

    Code:
    dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2 bs=4096 | ssh [email protected] 'dd of=iphone_rdisk0s2_4096.img'

    and

    dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2 bs=4096KB | ssh [email protected] 'dd of=iphone_rdisk0s2_4096KB.img'

    and

    dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2s1 bs=4096KB | ssh [email protected] 'dd of=iphone_rdisk0s2s1_4096KB.img'

    and

    dd if=/dev/disk0 | ssh <username>@<computer-ip> 'dd of=iphone-dump.img'

    but when i input the password
    always got "setgid : invalid argument"

    anyone can help me please???
    thanks
    there is a website that helps you extract/recover your date using the same information. I tried half of it last night and plan to do the other half tonight. The tutorial is great, they go screen shot by screen shot.
    I'm not sure if I can post a link, but google is your friend.

  8. #168
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    there is a website that helps you extract/recover your date using the same information. I tried half of it last night and plan to do the other half tonight. The tutorial is great, they go screen shot by screen shot.
    I'm not sure if I can post a link, but google is your friend.
    please give me the link for that web via private message please
    i already tried find in google but no solution for my problem
    thanks

  9. #169
    iPhoneaholic 143voltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    485
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by saintx7 View Post
    please give me the link for that web via private message please
    i already tried find in google but no solution for my problem
    thanks
    I've sent it over to you. Keep us posted pls.

  10. #170
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    I've sent it over to you. Keep us posted pls.
    i've restore the stock 4.2.1 firmware after failed the untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak with redsn0w and i just discover that the ssh was not communicating properly last night was due to my two seperate WLAN connection.

    i would really really appreciate if you can also pm me the link for the method of extracting 4.2.1 deleted files. thanks x 100,0000000...

    hope u had a nice christmas and wish u a very happy new year.

  11. #171
    iPhoneaholic 143voltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    485
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    I have found a program similar to Iphone backup extractor!!!!!!!

    I'm a window user and usually there are backup extractor out there for mac's for free. Until I found this program, I have been searching the web for weeks and weeks to retrieve pics of my newborn and son that I had lost. I have read blogs, threads dating back to 2008, I was so determine that my wife thought that I was cheating on her with the pc lol.

    I know this is silly but to some of us...pictures are priceless.

    There is no commands needed, don't have to use mobile terminal just download and find your last backup.

    Don't forget to hit the thank you button if I have helped you.
    Last edited by 143voltron; 12-28-2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling

  12. #172
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    I have found a program similar to Iphone backup extractor!!!!!!!

    I'm a window user and usually there are backup extractor out there for mac's for free. Until I found this program, I have been searching the web for weeks and weeks to retrieve pics of my newborn and son that I had lost. I have read blogs, threads dating back to 2008, I was so determine that my wife thought that I was cheating on her with the pc lol.

    I know this is silly but to some of us...pictures are priceless.

    There is no commands needed, don't have to use mobile terminal just download and find your last backup.

    Don't forget to hit the thank you button if I have helped you.
    yes i agree with u pictures is priceless
    but I've never done backups
    is it possible??
    please give me the link for the program thanks

  13. #173
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    there is a website that helps you extract/recover your date using the same information. I tried half of it last night and plan to do the other half tonight. The tutorial is great, they go screen shot by screen shot.
    I'm not sure if I can post a link, but google is your friend.
    Could I please have that link as well? I have a 14GB image from /dev/rdisk0s2s1 with a bs of 1M but photorec can't find anything at all from it, when I go for just /dev/rdisk0 it gets to about 1GB then the phone reboots. I have an iPhone 4 with 4.2.1, Sigh.

    Many thanks and I'll keep everyone posted.

  14. #174
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am having difficulties recovering my pictures from my iphone 3g image as well. Photorec just found text, pngs (junk ones) as well as other random junk files.

    Currently this is where im at:
    Jailbroke my iphone
    installed cydia
    installed unbuntu onto a bootable flash drive
    ssh from iphone into desktop
    used this command: dd if=/dev/disk0 | ssh root@<computer-ip> 'dd of=/media/<HARDRIVE_NAME>/iphone-dump.img'

    tried photorec, but didnt find anything useful

    Any suggestions on what to try next to recover photos?

    Also, if anyone are having difficulty with any of the things i have done, msg me and ill be happy to answer.


    Thanks, Ill also update with my progress.

  15. #175
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    is there any sort of prompt after you enter your password? it just seems to be hanging atm. I entered the dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2s1 bs=4096KB | ssh <user>@<comp ip here> 'dd of=iphone_rdisk0s2s1_4096KB.img' etc command just now on a iphone 3gs (old bootrom) 4.2.1

  16. #176
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    From my experience, thats a good thing!

    Your iphone will hang while the file is being transferred.

    When the iphone is done transferring a prompt will show up, it took about 4 hours or so for my 8gig image.

    Also, i was able to refresh the file on my desktop as it was being sent and see the disk image increasing in size.

    Hope this helps!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to odi3 For This Useful Post:

    arj154 (12-30-2010)

  18. #177
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by odi3 View Post
    From my experience, thats a good thing!

    Your iphone will hang while the file is being transferred.

    When the iphone is done transferring a prompt will show up, it took about 4 hours or so for my 8gig image.

    Also, i was able to refresh the file on my desktop as it was being sent and see the disk image increasing in size.

    Hope this helps!
    ah good good where is the image being dumped to? im using a cygwin SSH server on windows to dump the image

    edit: found out where its being dumped to, for those using cygwin, its being dumped to cygwin/var/empty
    Last edited by arj154; 12-30-2010 at 11:42 AM.

  19. #178
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    On my transfer, i specified it to 'dd of=/media/<HARDRIVE_NAME>/iphone-dump.img'

    which was my windows hard drive mounted in the media folder

    since you didnt specify a location, im not really sure.. my guess would be your home folder in linux? (I wasnt able to do this because i didnt have the room on my usb key to have my 8gb image from iphone and all the ubuntu stuff, my usb ubuntu drive was only 8 gigs in total)


    I noticed when oyu sent your file u added bs=4096KB, whats that for? and is it needed?

  20. #179
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by odi3 View Post
    On my transfer, i specified it to 'dd of=/media/<HARDRIVE_NAME>/iphone-dump.img'

    which was my windows hard drive mounted in the media folder

    since you didnt specify a location, im not really sure.. my guess would be your home folder in linux? (I wasnt able to do this because i didnt have the room on my usb key to have my 8gb image from iphone and all the ubuntu stuff, my usb ubuntu drive was only 8 gigs in total)


    I noticed when oyu sent your file u added bs=4096KB, whats that for? and is it needed?
    im not really sure tbh, i just saw it on the first post of page 12, it may be unnecessary.

  21. #180
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think if you did a restore, your data is gone (along with mine)

    I have used about 6 different programs to recover the data and none offer any of the old pics that were on the phone.

    Crud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts