Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO: iPhone Data Recovery

Default iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.1 and Windows 7
    Hi all. I'm decent with all this programs but I don't really understand what to do.
    Do I need Linux? Is there dd for Windows? Can you backup an iPhone 4? Is there a way to Decrypt the image files?
    Thanks in advance for your support and help.

Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    there is a website that helps you extract/recover your date using the same information. I tried half of it last night and plan to do the other half tonight. The tutorial is great, they go screen shot by screen shot.
    I'm not sure if I can post a link, but google is your friend.
    i'd really REALLY appreciate it if someone can PM me this link he spoke of. google must be angry with me or something. it ain't my friend for sure!
    Last edited by umminkug; 04-15-2011 at 03:06 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by umminkug View Post
    i'd really REALLY appreciate it if someone can PM me this link he spoke of. google must be angry with me or something. it ain't my friend for sure!
    Google isnt my friend either. I have no clue what on earth the original poster is talking about!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Stop teasing us and give us the link, come on man!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please, please, please! And I have send a PM to alot of you guys from this thread, can someone answer? :/

has anyone managed to get this working for iphone 4 yet, i managed to grab the system partition but when trying to get the user partiton or even a complete dump with the dd command terminal tells me there is no such file/directory

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is a program that they use that worked, but no one tell what this program is called or where to get it, sucks...

Default Is an IOS4 Image Encrypted? Got no clear answer on that
    Hello,

thanks at first for this great tutorial, it was very helpful. My experience after days of hacking and reading: I got an 15,6GB Image from my iPhone 3GS but PhotoRec was not able to recover anything out of it. In other threads there was a notion of a encryption on the IOS4 System which makes the diskdumps unreadable for any approach to recover. Can anyone verify that?

Other option: I was not able to mount the image - so there may be a data problem which corrupted the image.

Anyone experience with dd from IOS4? Will it work?

Best,
    Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's just a transfer-kit, and not the program that we are looking for.

Default i am using 4.2.1 and it is not working
    Quote Originally Posted by neenja View Post
    Is this 100% confirmed that it will NOT work for an iPhone4 4.2.1 ?

Is there ANY solution at all? I desperately need to recover a bunch of photos that were lost.

I got a new iphone 4 and went on a mini vacation, took a ton of photos. When I got back I synced up the phone to my laptop but apparently the photos did not save... not realizing it, I did a restore from backup, copying my 3gs info over to my iphone4. Thus.. losing all the new photos.

Please.. please.. please if someone has any kind of a solution please help. I cannot bear to think of these memories going to trash
    hey, any news about this issue with version 4.2.1? i was able to do everything and the img file was made but the size is (0kb)
    also tried to make an image file using PhoneDisk and Disk Utility but had not luck there also. if someone has managed to recover the data or even just create the img file i would love some help.
    Thanks

Correct... money isn't everything but is such a motivator. I am willing to pay a $100 upfront retainer and a further $900 on successful recovery of my iphone data including Notes, for a qualified someone to remotely guide me on steps through an email exchange or via Remote Desktop assistance. I have a previously unjailbroken 3GS with 4.1 that is in Recovery Mode, not restored, with SHSH blobs saved recently via iFaith (=limera1n. N.B., FixRecovery=Greenpois0n was unable to mount fs). There are solutions out there to the encryption problem; Zdiarski method uses the phone's chip itself to decrypt the image, other methods write a custom IPSW to restore without wiping NAND (effectively turning the restore into an upgrade). Please email me through the private message feature with a brief bio/link evidencing of your satisfactory skillz for the job and the general approach you will start off with. This is a serious offer. Thank you.

[QUOTE=Hanuta;5913340]
    Quote Originally Posted by bu11etpr00f View Post
    Just to correct the incorrect code for creating an image of your iPhone using dd...The correct code is as follows:

Code:
    dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2 bs=4096KB | dd of=iphone-dump.img

Hi, that worked for me , but how to save on PC not on ihpone ? The other codes doent work for me. i get error.

This is very difficult. Is there any other possibility to recover photos ? I have recovery software, but they can not acces my iphone. Any ideas ?
    Works for me also but i need to save it onto the computer and not on my iphone..can you tell me how please? thank you

Hello everyone, while trying to follow this guide i did
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2 bs=1M | gzip | ssh -C <username>@<computer-ip> 'dd of=iphone-dump.img bs=1M'
    instead of
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2 bs=1M | ssh -C <username>@<computer-ip> 'dd of=iphone-dump.img bs=1M'
    thinking that adding the "gzip" would be faster...

Now I want to mount the *.img. I tried the following:
    Code:
    dd if=iphone-dump.img bs=1M | zcat | dd of=iphone-dump2.img bs=1M
    and
    Code:
    dd if=iphone-dump.img bs=1M | gunzip | dd of=iphone-dump2.img bs=1M
    With these I can mount iphone-dump2.img and I can see the directories and files, but I cannot read the files: neither the *.jpg files nor the text files, so I guess I don't do the gunzipping correctly.

Would you have any idea of what I should do?

Thanks and regards.

Default Explaination needed
    Hi Everyone,

I have several question today. I tried almost everything during 30/40 hours to recover my deleted photos. with 'dd' command with SSH, photorec, mount Iphone as a hardrive etc...

Now i found very interesting things with vfdecrypt/idecrypt.

My question is i have an img file with the DD command, how to create an DMG files properly to use with vfdecrypt. Of course change the extension don't seems to work.

Do i miss something to create a back and decode it with vfdecrypt/idecrypt ?

Because i know it's possible to create a bit to bit level backup of the iphone, and i know there is something to decrypt and all the key are almost available and mount on linux/W7/Mac os..

I tried to open my file with elcomsoft phone password breaker but i don't have the plist

Do i miss something and how can i go forward, I'M SURE it's possible, we have all the tools, it's just a setup needed.

Thank you if you can help me to go ahead.

Ps : The phone is an Iphone 4 (ios 4 encrypted) but without password and encryption on itunes.

Mikael

Hi everyone, thanks to all the people who gave us all the tutorials and helps! Big thanks!
    I have came up with a problem during the operation today. When I typed in "ssh [email protected](computer)" on the iphone, it came out "connection refused". Any hint on this issue? What caused it?
    Anyone can help? Thanks in advance!!!I really need to recover most of my photos because that are about 1000 baby pics from the day my daughter was born!

Quote Originally Posted by tottimao View Post
    Hi everyone, thanks to all the people who gave us all the tutorials and helps! Big thanks!
    I have came up with a problem during the operation today. When I typed in "ssh [email protected](computer)" on the iphone, it came out "connection refused". Any hint on this issue? What caused it?
    Anyone can help? Thanks in advance!!!I really need to recover most of my photos because that are about 1000 baby pics from the day my daughter was born!
    Hello, you have to check if you start the ssh server on the computer.
    What the ping command respond ?
    What is the version of your ios. If you have IOS4 it will be difficult but sure not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by bebellm View Post
    Hello, you have to check if you start the ssh server on the computer.
    What the ping command respond ?
    What is the version of your ios. If you have IOS4 it will be difficult but sure not impossible.
    I am using ubuntu 7.0 and following the guide by steps. How can I make sure if my ssh server is on?
    When I ping the phone from computer, it gets response, shows some data speed which refreshes in seconds.\
    Currently on iOS 4.1 with the iphone 3.
    Thanks for the help!

Hello,

You should check this instruction and make sure you have really a SSH server on your Linux. But i repeat, with IOS4 you will be block after ... because the data are encrypted and you can't open you file...

Quote Originally Posted by bebellm View Post
    Hello,

You should check this instruction and make sure you have really a SSH server on your Linux. But i repeat, with IOS4 you will be block after ... because the data are encrypted and you can't open you file...
    Hi! Do you mean with iOS4 it will never work? So any chance I can do it? Or downgrade to a lower version of iOS will help?
    Thanks for the reply!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast