+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voicemail Greeting mod

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was reading hospadam's HOWTO: Pulling off Your Voicemails Onto Your Computer and there was talk about getting the Greeting.amr off the phone and making a custom one to put
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Voicemail Greeting mod
    I was reading hospadam's HOWTO: Pulling off Your Voicemails Onto Your Computer and there was talk about getting the Greeting.amr off the phone and making a custom one to put back on. I tried several different ways and found out how to do it.

Downloads
    MIKSOFT Mobile AMR converter

Step1:Record a custom greeting
    Step2:using which ever method you prefer get to your voicemail folder /var/root/Library/Voicemail
    and look for Greeting.amr and get the file on your computer.
    Step3:If Using an audio editor open the Greeting.amr and create whatever you heart desires
    *the settings for a new recording are*
    Sample rate - 8,000Hz
    Bit-Depth 16 bit
    Mono channels
    or use itunes to get a snippet of a song (I haven't got full songs to work because it might depend on the file size)
    Step4:Open up the great MIKSOFT Mobile AMR converter
    and click WAV / Mp3 to AMR once you browse for what audio file you want make sure that the MR is set to a low rate if the clip is long

***I haven't got full songs or long audio files to work using the low MR so feel free to do some testing***

Step5:Now that your file is done converting rename the file to Greeting and use which ever method you want to rummage around your iphone to replace the Greeting.amr file and you have a custom greeting on steroids!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jonny202003's Avatar
    Thanks

how do i enable it? is it the default or custom?

I saw no Greeting.amr under that directory, but made a file and put it in there and nothing happened.

Thanks

This doesn't currently work because the greeting file is on att servers. I tried this multiple times a while ago. problem is you can overwrite your greeting all you want but the one callers hear is the one on att and ts server.

EDIT:
    Ok I figured it out
    you can do it. The greeting gets uploaded to att&ts server, But what you can do is record a temp greeting on your iphone and then before clicking save, overwrite the greeting in your voicemail dir with your homebrew greeting (amr format). Then click save on your iphone. It worked here. I now have a greeting I recorded on my studio gear with mics and compressors. Granted it's still crappy amr format but it sure sounds better than using the built in mic on the iphone.
    Last edited by pack; 08-13-2007 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost