Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free up Space on Iphone

Default Free up Space on Iphone
    I have an 8 gig iphone (1.1.2) jailbroken which shows roughly 1 gig of "other" info under itunes (7.5). Is there anyway to free up some of this space? I have already deleted alot of old emails which didnt seem to make much difference. any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Im pretty sure the other is
    apps,
    ringtones, and
    wallpaper.

haha wow 1gb?
    mine has abt 300mb.
    how many apps do you have?

my apps are sendsong, sendfile,wallpaper,voicenotes, books (kjv bible only),blackjack, nes + a few roms, summerboard, customize, and services. I have three extra ringtones and no wallpaper(s).unless i am missing something, 1Gig sounds way high.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you use SwapTunes or SwapPhoto by any chance?
    Last edited by Jodiedicie; 12-26-2007 at 08:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Bad Sync
    I lost over .5 gig on a sync that was interrupted. I was in the process of sync-ing a movie. I've gone into the directory on the iphone (mobile finder), but cannot find where videos are stored nor where the incomplete file is located. I've tried everything but a "restore" to free the space.

actually i do have swaptunes on my phone. sorry it was hidden using customize. i tried it once and couldnt get it to work. (or maybe I did ) does swaptunes create two directories? how would i fix this? thanks

My problem is fixed! Uninstalled SwapTunes, SSHed to itunes control2 folder and deleted all the old music present. i now have 156 mb in the "other" category of itunes. thanks to jodiedicie!!
    Last edited by dayvdayv; 12-27-2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad you got it fixed!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodiedicie For This Useful Post:

Broomhead (12-27-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Jodiedicie View Post
    Did you use SwapTunes or SwapPhoto by any chance?
    hey guys, i had 4.4GB of music on my iphone and now the iphone shows 4.4GB of other stuff and my ipod shows NO music..... how do i get it back?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

just run it again.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    *edit

sorry found an answer to my question using search
    Last edited by Tommer; 01-12-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: reply became redundant

Default lost space
    i have recently discovered i have lost just over a gig of space on my jailbroken iphone. its been restored and jailbroken a handful of times, is there a way to get that space back?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    i have recently discovered i have lost just over a gig of space on my jailbroken iphone. its been restored and jailbroken a handful of times, is there a way to get that space back?
    After restoring, don't allow iTunes to put files from a backup on your phone: tell it to regard it as a new phone.
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

but what about the apps and such i have

i tried syncing as a new phone but it did not help
    Last edited by Shelly; 05-21-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i read about a custom fw the other day that repartitions your phone to yield a gig on the smaller partition (double what pwning gives you). i'm tired of restores right now, and the new os is coming soon, so i prolly won't try it right now. just thought i'd mention it here.