Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
File Modsforums, a part of the
Can someone kindly convert it for me? I want to use it as the unlock knob sound but i do not have the right version of Quicktime to do it....
08-11-2007, 06:05 PM #1Can someone kindly convert this small mp3 into .aif?
Can someone kindly convert it for me?
I want to use it as the unlock knob sound but i do not have the right version of Quicktime to do it.
edit: I dont know how I can attach the .mp3 here on the site.... if someone is willing to help, would you gets please email me?
thank you thank you!!!
08-11-2007, 08:27 PM #2
you can drop the .mp3 into itunes and then extract it to .aif format
open itunes, put the mp3 on ur playlist
right click it and and click on "convert selection to aiff" ... if its config to convert to aiff then change ur preference to it.
08-12-2007, 04:22 AM #3
but i have read it on the forum somewhere that files converted by itune will NOT work.... That is why they recommend Quicktime.....
08-12-2007, 09:33 AM #4
itune conversion works fine... after you converted it open it with Quicktime and export it to your desktop (make sure you have it say extracting to .aff then) then rename it to what ever you want like : unlock.caf, or lock.caf
08-12-2007, 07:46 PM #5
thanks for the confirmation.
However, I only see "convert selection to AAC" when i right click the file?
then how do I do it for .aif? or AAC= aif?
08-12-2007, 11:58 PM #6
To be able to convert to .aif you need to do this:
1. In iTunes, click on "Edit > Preferences"
2. Click on the "Advanced" tab then click on the "Importing" tab.
3. Next, click on the drop-down menu for "Import Using:"
4. Click on "AIFF Encoder"
5. Click Okay.
6. Now, import the song/sound file you are wanting to import, then right click on the sound and choose "Convert selection to AIF"
7. Now, you can copy the converted sound file to your desktop and change the extension to .caf, and it will be in the right format for your iPhone!
Hope this helps,
32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen
08-13-2007, 02:44 AM #7