+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edit Predictive Text (T9) on iPhone

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
As the poster above stated, changing LOL to lol (I did it via iFile) does not work. It corrupts the file, and most text corrections are broken. When editing the
    Thanks

As the poster above stated, changing LOL to lol (I did it via iFile) does not work. It corrupts the file, and most text corrections are broken. When editing the file, changes do not take effect until a respring.

Even after changing lol back to LOL, the file was still corrupt. I can't stress backing up enough here.. it may prevent you from having to restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi !

I was looking for something to edit the Unigrams file, i tried an hex editor, it worked BUT when i replace LOL with lol, the iPhone still put it in caps. I think there's something at the beginning of the dat file that says to do that. If i replace LOL with something like ;?! it works too (without caps naturally), but it's useless :P

So i tried many other things and i just found something that does the trick.

You have to install Inspell, and then add a new autocorrection rule. Put lol in the Input field and lol in the Output field (without caps at all). I don't know why but it works just perfect You can start a sentence with "Lol", of you can write "lol", the OS never changes it

Naturelly it works with WTF too :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can use, inspell and hunspell from cydia, they are both two great "apps". Check them out!

Thanks

Inspell and Hunspell might be overriding the iPhone's built-in dictionary, but I still want to crack the code on the thing and be able to edit the native dictionary. This would be a killer app to have.

For anyone wondering:

I want to be able to edit the native dictionary directly, because that lets you take advantage of the predictive text's functions. Inspell allows EXCEPTIONS to the dictionary rules only. I can add "wtf" to Inspell's dictionary and it will not bug me when I type it anymore and correct it to WTF, sure.. but what if I type "wyf"? it still gets autocorrected to WTF by the native Apple engine. We should be able to control this.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 05-17-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    I want to be able to edit the native dictionary directly
    I'd also love to do so. reanimationxp, have you eventually figured out how to manage this ?
    Thanks (and I hope you'll read this post, even 2 months after its last edit !)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12