Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Call forwarding nightmare!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Call forwarding nightmare!!
    Ive read that one can deactivate the "Call Forwarding Active" pop-up dialing ##002#; didn't work!

I've read that you can acomplish it by editing "false" a file on Sistem/Library/Core.Telephony/...../UnknownCarrier.plist That did not work either.

I'm on 1.1.1 and I have moderate to heavy experience modding, so I can't seem to accept that I'm doing something wrong. Could some one please explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old? Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alpawa For This Useful Post:

senbe (12-19-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by alpawa View Post
    Ive read that one can deactivate the "Call Forwarding Active" pop-up dialing ##002#; didn't work!

I've read that you can acomplish it by editing "false" a file on Sistem/Library/Core.Telephony/...../UnknownCarrier.plist That did not work either.

I'm on 1.1.1 and I have moderate to heavy experience modding, so I can't seem to accept that I'm doing something wrong. Could some one please explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old? Thanks.
    ***edit*** - SORRY! TOTALLY MISREAD YOUR THREAD..PLEASE IGNORE MY REPLY...

Um...why don't you just ask your provider what code they use to disable/enable call forwading? I use a totally different code than the one you mentioned above...for me, it's like *96 to enable and #96 to disable...'

There is a simple way to hide this message:

Get the file com.apple.carrier.plist found at /var/root/Library/Preferences/ and edit the key ShowCallForwarding to be <false/>. Reboot! There you go, your Mailbox works and you don't get that annoying message anymore :-)

Update:

There are two settings in com.apple.carrier.plist:

ShowCallForwarding: Message shown on outgoing calls, if your number is beeing forwarded.
    ShowCallForwarded: Message shown on incoming calls, if caller has been forwarded to you.
    Last edited by Sony311; 12-14-2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sony311 For This Useful Post:

senbe (12-19-2007)

Thanks

OK thanks! The only problem is that I cannot edit this file. For some reason, I cannot open it whit OmniOutliner, the program I used to edit other .plist files. I don't know why.

Do you know other program that I can use (on OSX) to edit the file? Thanks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alpawa For This Useful Post:

senbe (12-19-2007)

thanks buddy its working

OK thanks! The only problem is that I cannot edit this file. For some reason, I cannot open it whit OmniOutliner, the program I used to edit other .plist files. I don't know why.

Do you know other program that I can use (on OSX) to edit the file? Thanks.
    Search the apple.com archives and you'll see a method to convert .plist files to xml. Once you do that you can edit them in OmniOutliner

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stefman For This Useful Post:

alpawa (12-19-2007)

Thanks

This is what I have:

ShowCallForwarding</lit></run></p></text><text><p><run><lit>false</lit></run></p></text></values></item><item id="ikLkVFOwwB0"><values><text><p><run><lit>voicem ail_context</lit></run></p></text><text><p><run><lit>1</lit></run></p></text></values></item><item id="fowOBdb7_Cy"><values><text><p><run><lit>Carrie rName</lit></run></p></text><text><p><run><lit>Carrier</lit></run></p></text></values></item><item id="jrFWeTNx6QJ"><values><text><p><run><lit>ShowCa llForwarded</lit></run></p></text><text><p><run><lit>1</lit></run></p></text></values></item><item id="aafloNloGyD"><values><text><p><run><lit>

Where EXACTLY do I edit, just the "lit" or "run" part or EVERITHING?

thanks.
    Last edited by alpawa; 12-19-2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Better!

Thanks

Default Eureka!
    I finally managed to remove the pesky pop-up. I did it by editing BOTH files:

com.apple.carrier.plist found at /var/root/Library/Preferences/
    AND
    UnknownCarrier.plist from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/

When I edited just one, it kept poping up, so I edited both. Everithing else works fine (calls, SMS, Voicemail, Mail, etc) so I think I'm free at last!!!

Thanks everybody!

i have a question for you all... i am having a really hard time figuring out what app ya'll are using to see the iphones system files... or are you using terminal?
    I need a whip in Halo 3!!! One With a scope on it so's I can crack some jerk in the eye after carefully aiming it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrettcumber View Post
    i have a question for you all... i am having a really hard time figuring out what app ya'll are using to see the iphones system files... or are you using terminal?
    I'm a Mac user so I use Fugu; Ii don't know if there is a version for PC but I'm certain that if not, there are a lot of apps that u can use.
    In order to use Fugu you'll need to have a wi-fi connection and to know the IP adress of your iPhone (under settings/Wi-Fi/and touch the blue arrow next to your routers name to view that adress. Hope this is usefull.

Happy New Year!

im a mac user as well... im not sure... but it looks like there are 2 versions, does it matter? im running 10.5

NM i see, thanks for the input

actually i do have a question: port 22 refers to the port on the iphone right? if so why does fugu not connect to it? i tried to access 22 with this: http://www.iphonealley.com/tips-and-...o-your-desktop ...which is really sweet if you can get it to work but i couldn't and had a port 22 error on this as well... whats goin on, what am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by garrettcumber; 12-31-2007 at 03:45 PM.
    I need a whip in Halo 3!!! One With a scope on it so's I can crack some jerk in the eye after carefully aiming it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrettcumber View Post
    im a mac user as well... im not sure... but it looks like there are 2 versions, does it matter? im running 10.5

NM i see, thanks for the input

actually i do have a question: port 22 refers to the port on the iphone right? if so why does fugu not connect to it? i tried to access 22 with this: http://www.iphonealley.com/tips-and-...o-your-desktop ...which is really sweet if you can get it to work but i couldn't and had a port 22 error on this as well... whats goin on, what am i doing wrong?

I'm not sure if the procedure on that page is sound, I guess it could work. I'm a little nervious to use terminal on my iPhone, I might do something stupid, so I prefer to use Fugu, I think it's safer.

About the port 22 thing, I had some trouble using Fugu at the same time as some apps like Azureus or Limewire. I've read somewhere also that some wireless routers have that port reserved for some tasks or apps, so what I would do is go into the routers preferences and check. Good luck!

yeah i got it all squared away... i just had to remap my router and airport express, as there were ip address assigning issues.