Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unharm Voicemail Button

Default unharm Voicemail Button
    How ca i get rid of the Voice Mail button. Everytime i accidentally hit it, it costs me 12 Cent. So how can i disable it? I already tried to change, without success, to change the number to a false one.

Default Stopping voicemail charge, hopefully
    I found a semi-solution to the annoying voicemail charge when voicemail was accidentally dialed due to that button being so easily pressed. I couldn't change the number that dials voicemail in my iphone but I found that the number to call voicemail was on the sim card. I took my sim card out of my iphone and put it into my wife's Nokia, then changed the voicemail number to call to a 3-digit number that wouldn't dial anything. Then I put my sim card back into my iphone and now my phone doesn't dial voicemail and get charged for that, each time I accidentally press the button. I get a message saying the number I dialed is incorrect, so I guess I'm just getting charged for dialing a wrong number rather than the more expensive voicemail charge. I only did it today so I'll have to wait for my bill to find out for sure. Hope it helps.