Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Scrolling Provider (wireless carrier) Name on Homescreen Question

Default Scrolling Provider (wireless carrier) Name on Homescreen Question
    Hi all,

Do many of you have Wireless carrier names that are longer than what the home-screen status bar can display? I have "Rogers Wireless" and when I wake my phone, it automatically scrolls once to display the entire carrier name and then remains static and says "Roge..." Its a pretty nifty start up animation tho.

I thought it would be pretty cool to have this scroll infinately while the phone is not in sleep mode... does anyone know which plist would have this info?
    Last edited by trueno92; 12-10-2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: specify title.

I second that request/comment about the cool animation. It would be cool to have mine say my name then wireless and have it scrolling accross the top when I am using the phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

i have no idea how to make it keep scrolling, but i do know how to make it not scroll at all but show the whole carrier name if that helps

If someone were to make a phone with EVERY option people would want, it would weigh 10lbs, and be the size of a brick. Come on, people! There is bling bling, and then there is... welll you. I mean, honestly, guys! Who are you trying to impress with the carrier scrolling? A toddler?
    Search NAZI

I don't think we can measure the weight change due to the decrease in entropy for this change... yet

IGotTheRightTemp, How do you do that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

heres the link to create your own wireless carrier image using photoshop (you can use any font too! )

once made, upload your 2 images to this location:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Quote Originally Posted by iGotTheRiteTemp View Post
    i have no idea how to make it keep scrolling, but i do know how to make it not scroll at all but show the whole carrier name if that helps
    how do you do this? Would LOVE to know, thanks

Get MIM from installer to easily change ur carrier logo