Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Loading" wheel?

Default "Loading" wheel?
    OK. The "Loading" spinning wheel, that shows up when the iphone is retrieving data from the internet, was changed to a pulsing apple in an applied theme. Where is this located in the file system? I am looking for it so that a can manually apply it to other themes as well. Thanks!

other.artwork file

located:

system/library/frameworks/UIkit.framwork/other.artwork

Default Thanks
    After looking at some of the threads related to the .artwork files, it seems like I've got a bunch of things to learn and try. Thanks for the help and I now know what direction I need to go.

glad to help, yea, when it comes to moifying ur iphone, you can pretty much change the entire system, alot to learn, programs, phone structure, etc

good luck

Default Webclip Icons
    I've just downloaded and used Artworker 1.1.4 and it works great. I've found (perhaps incorrectly) that neither this, nor terminal, work at extracting the pngs from the .artwork in the themes of customize. I get errors and nothing is done. They work perfectly if you extract the artwork file from this location

system/library/frameworks/UIkit.framwork/other.artwork

Anyway I think I can make the changes for the current theme here, then save the theme with customize, and it'll automatically apply the other.artwork when "applied". I'll have to repeat the process for the other themes but it'll be good then. BTW, the reason I'm doing this is because I like one aspect of the artwork (glowing apple) and nothing else. So I need to just change those applicable pngs only.

Next,
    I've looked and not really gotten a clear answer. People seemed to have misunderstood the guy posting this same question. I don't want to manually change the webclip icon every time I change themes. Is it possible to create a folder of something in a customize theme to replace the webclip icons using custominze with "appplying theme" instead of having to manually change them every time I switch themes? Of course I'll create the different icons for the different themes initially.
    Last edited by swinger360; 06-18-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: more thought

im not to sure what file ur talking about but heres 2 solutions:

1: install filebrowser on iphone, put the file that you wish to have applied to everything is a special directory:

ex:/private/var/urfile.name

and use filebrowser to copy/paste it to a directory of ur choice

or

2: put the file in the customize folder(not app folder) and create a folder for the file, put the file in. everytime u apply a new theme, for the part that you dont want to change, just use customize to select ur file and apply.

i hope this is easy to understand what i mean, if not im sorry, im no iphone pro, but just telling you what i did everytime i wanted to change something without having to ssh into my phone =]

is there a way change the spinning wheel when cydia is loading?,anyhelp would be great,thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

^
    Search Cydia for "Loaders" there are quite a few to choose from.