+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Auto Reflective Dock on iPhone?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Here Is the fixed .Plist file just replace the original one with this -- this is everything minus the TIGO ! This is the .plist will fix TIGO Carrier Logo
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Get rid of TIGO Carrier LOGO
    Here Is the fixed .Plist file just replace the original one with this -- this is everything minus the TIGO !

This is the .plist will fix TIGO Carrier Logo Issue but still keeps the Autoreflections mod up and running!

Replace the .plist file with the one that I attatched here...
    /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist

After you replace the .plist file just click home and -- you will see t-mobile logo come up .
    ------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------

But you still wont be able to change the carrier logo in Customize -

BUt No worries we can get that changed -

Step 1 - Download the attatched chooserViews.plist
    2- just replace the original chooserViews.plist ( In Applications>>Customize.app>>Settings) with the one u downloaded from here and you should be set to change the carrier logo in customize to anything.!!

Hope this helps
    Enjoy..!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jayc7176; 12-21-2007 at 06:43 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try jEdit

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    thanks for that tip

and also thank you for the plists!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ever since i've done this mod my 1.1.2 iPhone freezes constantly ..
    how do i go back to the old dock?
    im not good at this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannhamilton View Post
    ever since i've done this mod my 1.1.2 iPhone freezes constantly ..
    how do i go back to the old dock?
    im not good at this
    Knowing that you're not good gives even more reason for you to back up the files before you mod. Anyway, look for the original files of the ones in the *.rar files above and then SSH them to your iPhone.
    Last edited by dale1v; 01-09-2008 at 02:45 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Knowing that you're not good gives even more reason for you to back up the files before you mod. Anyway, look for the original files of the ones in the *.rar files above and then SSH them to your iPhone.
    i've looked around but i cant find the original file ? :S

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    after you modified the files, are you able to turn the auto reflective dock on and off in the settings or do you have to change back the list file?
    thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there is no toggle to turn the feature on and off so i guess you have to edit the plist file again manually.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannhamilton View Post
    i've looked around but i cant find the original file ? :S
    You can (nicely) ask other users to upload the concerned files for you lol, otherwise you may just have to restore.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Attached Files Attached Files

Green Apple
    Thanks

Worked great on 1.1.1 thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

TY!

iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

i got a problem guys. i modded the springboard.plist and got the desired reflection. But the problem is the dock floor disappears for most themes and for other themes (like Louie Mantia, Summerboard which have wider docks) the dock is pushed down halfway. i tried this on mine as well as my bro's phone (both 1.1.1) and got the same result.
    Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution for this? Because of this problem i have reverted back to my original non-autoreflective dock. Need help for this. thanx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by meisterlumpi View Post
    after you modified the files, are you able to turn the auto reflective dock on and off in the settings or do you have to change back the list file?
    thanks
    actually there is a way to toggle on/off this setting. it involves modding the /applications/preferences/general.plist file. There is a tut on that in macthemes somewhere. if i can just find it again i will post a link here.
    Last edited by saifeeab; 01-20-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

You mean the old metal dock gets shoved down and that it's still reflective or what?
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eddieanger View Post
    I did this, but the dock seems to have moved a lot further down the screen. For example, the icons are sitting on top of the default dock as opposed to in front of it. Also, my summerboard docks completely disappeared. Any ideas?
    I got the same problem man. i have tried everything but still end up with the same result. I even tried it on my bro's phone with the same result. i have noticed that all the wider docks (like Louie Mantia, Summerboard etc) get pushed down halfway but u still see some of it which is ok. In other docks like Leopard (which are short/perpective) they get pushed completely out of the screen. i have not been able to solve this. Have you?
    Last edited by saifeeab; 01-20-2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It's because the Auto Reflective dock reads the lower 40% of the dock only. Which in case would eliminate several docks. It's irreversible.

Reako

Thanks

Numberzz: the old orginal dock stays fine somehow but any other replacement dock from summberboard or manually using WinSCP ends up getting shoved down or disappearing. I even replaced the original SBDockBG2 file with my preferred dock image file but i still get the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    It's because the Auto Reflective dock reads the lower 40% of the dock only. Which in case would eliminate several docks. It's irreversible.

Reako
    i dont get it. i tried it by installed the original ipod touch style dock which i got from one of the forums on this site itself but even that disappears.
    And if the lower 40% is read then why does the upper portion of some docks are visible whereas the lower portion get pushed out if screen?

Quote Originally Posted by meisterlumpi View Post
    thanks
    there is a way u can toggle on/off which involves modding /applications/preferences/general.plist file. here is a link to the tut on macthemes.
    http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16783215

thanks Reako for ur help. i was finally able to figure out the problem. what u said is right somewhat. when auto reflection is enabled the phone only displays the upper 40% of the dock image. so if the floor is located within the upper 40% then it displays perfectly with reflection enabled.

ofcourse if the reflection is removed then u have to manually change the dock image again otherwise it gets displayed above the dock area.
    Last edited by saifeeab; 01-21-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

I know what your problem is. Try uninstalling summberboard and reinstalling it. Summerboard messes with it somehow. But uninstalling/installing works
    EDIT: At least that's what worked for me. Disable the theme first.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why does it say TIGO in the carrier logo place. Whenever i change it, it stayes the same WTF.
    MyPhone is better than yours

Thanks

ShadyBeagle, if you are using someone elses pre-made plist then your carrier image will revert to the one labeled within the plist. You need to alter your own General.plist and put it back in there for the carrier to change. Something weird happens when you use a plist from someone elses phone.

Reako