+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springboard black background change *without* summerboard or customize

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I looked everywhere but I couldn't find anything: How do I change the black background (not the unlock screen) in the springboard *without* using any additional apps like summerboard
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Springboard black background change *without* summerboard or customize
    Hello,
    I looked everywhere but I couldn't find anything: How do I change the black background (not the unlock screen) in the springboard *without* using any additional apps like summerboard or customize? I tried the first one, but it made the iPhone so slow and I do not want to try customize as I read about many problems...
    Well, is it possible at all? And if yes: Which files have to be modfied / added?

Thank you!

Cheers
    Marc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been trying to do the same thing. I want a picture in the unlock screen (wallpaper) and a picture on the springboard background

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

open this file in photoshop replace the black area with the image you want. Copy it to /Applications/MobileSMS.app on the phone and you will have a background image on your springboard
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freshfitz For This Useful Post:

Makki (07-20-2008), reddevilseye (12-09-2007)

Thanks

Default springboard background
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfitz View Post
    open this file in photoshop replace the black area with the image you want. Copy it to /Applications/MobileSMS.app on the phone and you will have a background image on your springboard
    MobileSMS.app?
    is that the right place?
    and just copy it to the folder?
    no change to file name?

cause i followed your instructions and i still have a black background

can you assist further?

Thank you

Just add it?
    or replace something?

ive tried both...
    im missing it somehow
    still dont understand why its in the sms app.?
    shouldnt it be in coreservices or simiar?

thank you
    Last edited by CALBUILD; 12-09-2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone reddevilseye's Avatar
    Thanks

ok when u open it in photoshop and u use the background u want and if u want ro change the sms icon u should change it there too. save it as jpg file
    so iPhone can read then change the icon on the phone with the file u made not by ssh but iphonebrwser

Thanks

I would call this a workaround rather than a file mod. Basically what you're doing here is making the SMS.app's icon so large it covers the springboard screen. Problem: its solely dependent on where you have your SMS.app located on the Springboard, mine is not at its default location.

No one as of yet has discovered a way to place an actually background pic on the springboard without the aid of a third party app like summerboard.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

Only if someone can make the springboard icons act like the dock icons to be on the top of the dock in this case we can change the dock with a background without covering the rest

Thanks

Only if someone can make the springboard icons act like the dock icons to be on the top of the dock in this case we can change the dock with a background without covering the rest

Green Apple
    Thanks

Something new about this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by msbab View Post
    Hello,
    I looked everywhere but I couldn't find anything: How do I change the black background (not the unlock screen) in the springboard *without* using any additional apps like summerboard or customize? I tried the first one, but it made the iPhone so slow and I do not want to try customize as I read about many problems...
    Well, is it possible at all? And if yes: Which files have to be modfied / added?

Thank you!

Cheers
    Marc
    I don't understand why your iPhone slows down with Summerboard. I've used the first version and now version 3 is much faster. Unless you're still sitting on firmware 1.00 then it's time to move on and make your iPhone more exciting.
    I started with 1.0.2 then 1.1.1 and now on 1.1.2. I find it a lot faster and sound louder too.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This works, but it must be done for the top left icon for each page. Also, the icon text must be manually added. And the resulting "icon" should be saved as a png.

It's probably easier for most folks to just use SummerBoard until someone discovers a simpler hack or Apple decides to add this feature.