Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Calling all Australian and New Zealand iphone Users!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Calling all Australian and New Zealand iphone Users!
    I have put together a small tutorial and some files to change the ".com" in safari on your iPhone to ".co.nz" or "com.au"

NOTE: This only works on iPhone's on version 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 - This means NO iPod Touch and no iPhone with firmware version 1.1.1 or lower.

I am by no means an expert. This was created with trial and error, Myself, Linka New Zealand Limited or ModMyI.com will NOT be held responsible if you brick your iPhone during this mod.

http://www.linka.co.nz/story.php?tit...eyboard_Hack-1
    Last edited by nzbullet; 01-27-2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Updated files to allow for fw 1.1.3

need to register before i can view the tutorial? your the lamest australian i have ever seen man. your even lamer than john howard dude. wat the f.u,c.k is wrong with you man.

no hard feelings
    cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by forsyt View Post
    need to register before i can view the tutorial? your the lamest australian i have ever seen man. your even lamer than john howard dude. wat the f.u,c.k is wrong with you man.

no hard feelings
    cheers mate
    come back when you aren't stoned.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default To Answer The Critics

no hard feelings
    cheers mate
    I would just like to note a couple of things here.

1. Yes you do need to register before you can read the tutorial. Basically there is a file that needs to be downloaded to be able to do the mod and as there is no way to restrict downloads to members only, I have made the tutorial restricted to members of the site.

2. Do you complain to modmyi and every other site that requires you to be a member to download a file?

your the lamest australian i have ever seen man. your even lamer than john howard dude.
    Interesting - Whatever gave you the idea I was Australian??

4. There is nothing wrong with me, I am very well thank you, but thanks for your concern.

Registering on the site takes all of a minute of your time. I don't think it is much to ask. It is completely free. Once registered you can then view the tutorial. If it works for you and you like it then vote for the story, that's all I ask.

I am by no means a coder and it took a lot of my time to figure out how to change it. If you choose not to register, that's fine and I have no problem with that, but then you can spend YOUR time and YOUR effort figuring out how to do it yourself.

forsyt - You asked me in another thread how to change the ".co.uk" well here is your answer. You can now change it to ".co.nz" or "com.au" if you are not a Kiwi or and Aussie then why are you even bothered.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nzbullet For This Useful Post:

forsyt (11-26-2007)

sorry dude, was just kidding around. anyway heres a thanks as a peace offering. was a bit stoned last night and i dont remember much of what i wrote. anyway, optus user here so if there was an option to use both .com and .com.au by holding down the .com that would be really cool.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sorry dude, was just kidding around. anyway heres a thanks as a peace offering. was a bit stoned last night and i dont remember much of what i wrote. anyway, optus user here so if there was an option to use both .com and .com.au by holding down the .com that would be really cool.
    Sorry I should've clarified, that is what this mod does. It doesn't replace the .com just adds com.au when you hold the button, yes that's right "com.au", I purposly left out the leading dot, for some reason it can't handle the extra character

awsome man, ill check it out

Green Apple
    Thanks

When you do it, if all goes well please could you email or pm me some screen shots, or just lket me know if the com.au shows properly

Cheers

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did you try this out? Did the "com.au" look funny?