Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Help] Where/how to add files to Customize 2.0 w/ SSH

Default [Help] Where/how to add files to Customize 2.0 w/ SSH
    Where do you add custom files to customize 2.0 like I have three battery charging icons that I want to add so I can change them at will like I was able to with Customize 1.2? I am using SSH with WinSCP and when I make directories under the Customize 2.0 folder, I dont see the files on my phone. Thanks in advance everyone!!

Update: Just like everyone says on these forums, just search and play around with the phone (in a good, non-destructive way) and you will figure it out. I figured it out.

1. Go to Theme Broswer
    2. Then FileSets
    3. Add the files for whatever you want (Header logos, sounds, etc)
    4. Use SSH with Winscp to change those files with others you have on your computer.

Worked for me!! God I love my phone now.
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 06-03-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi there,

I have an iphone with Customize 2 and i have a folder in private/var/mobile/libary/Customize2

and files in there are:

Cache
    Filesets
    LocalThemes
    OriginalBackup

I dont know where to put my battery design etc.

Thank you

Tippy

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to the spicychicken website, create an account there and you can upload them from there..
    TY!

i'm still confused as well.

in the old customize you could just upload your files to the customize directory.

but i'm confused with this?

caches
    filesets
    local themes
    original backup.

in filesets are tons of folders.. but when i add my stuff to there nothing comes up in customize?

what do i do?

Folk,
    You just basically create your own folder like "testtheme" in Customize directory.Then,you need to create a any folders you want to change.For example, you wanna do WiFi icon modification.So,you only create folder named "WiFi" and also copy files to the certain folder. You might have a look the correct file name in OriginalBackup folder.
    Note: You must name the file name the same as in the Original folder.
    I hope this does help you guys.
    Thanks.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=134341&dateline=12227  78385

6. The Following User Says Thank You to liverpool For This Useful Post:

4nic8tor (08-23-2008)

Thanks man, that worked perfectly!

Guys, i need your help badly.i have recently upgraded my Software to 2.1 version. I am unable to install softwares from cydia. once software is downloaded from cydia, it asks to add files to private/Var. Can u pls tell me how do i add files to private/var in i phone.