Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
11-25-2007, 06:38 PM #1Easy way to transfer ringtones to your 1.1.1 phone
Select a ringtone you would like and transfer it to your itunes music library. Convert the ringtone into aac format via itunes. From there upload the ringtone as a song to your iphone. Use SendSong (can be found in the installer app) to send it to the iphone ringtones directory(open SendSong and tap the song(ringtone)you want>select send to ringtones). Go to settings>sounds> and select and set your ringtone. Thats it!!!!...please note that itunes will erase your ringtone when you sync unless you follow modmyis guide to avoid it. However if you choose not to do that Send Song keeps a list of all the ringtones sent through it (SendSong>Edit) so all you have to do is just resend the ringtones through sendsong ITS THAT EASY !!!!
Last edited by sickiphone; 11-25-2007 at 06:43 PM.
11-25-2007, 07:56 PM #2There are a number of links on this.
here is the text from one
these are NOT my writings.
FREE RINGTONES for 1.1.1
wow finally someone fingered it out... now you guys don't need to pay anything for your ring tones...
here is the link:
this is what i did:
------Making the .m4r--------
1) I have "QuickTime Player pro", i opened an mp3 with it
2) set my in and out with the little marker on the time line
**I set it to about 30 seconds in between the markers (set it to what ever length you want)
3) then under edit ---> Trim to Selection
4) then under File ---> Export...
5) went down to "Export:" change it to "Movie to ipod"
6) change the name of the song to something short with Songname<space>.m4r
7) Hit save (saving it to desktop)
8) Download the patched mecca file "mecca.zip"
9) unzipped and copied to "/System/Library/Frameworks/MeCCA.framework/" over SFTP (on my iphone)
Note: your computer has to be connected tot he same wireless router as your iphone,make sure SSH is on, use an FTP Client that support SFTP and cennect to the iphone,
server: (what ever your iphone IP is on the router)
(if that doesn't work then try alpine)
10) Reboot iPhone
11) Copy .m4r ringtone to "/Library/Ringtones/"
NOTE: THE SPACE BEFORE THE DOT IS IMPORTANT, IT'S WHAT THE PATCH LOOKS FOR AND MAKE SURE IT IS " .m4r" on your iphone
12) Go to Settings ---> Sounds and select your ringtone
**AND IT SURVIVES SYNCS!!! NOW YOU CAN SET YOUR RINGTONES TO YOUR CONTACTS!!!! YAHOO!!!
All credits for this patched file go to iPhone-Elite team.
I used XVI32 to edit this file.