Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can we boost the volume on recently upgraded and unlocked 1.1.2's?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How can we boost the volume on recently upgraded and unlocked 1.1.2's?
    i've seen files around the forums for 1.1.1's either under iVolume or under a diff name, but they say that it wont work for 1.1.2

now that most of us have made the upgrade to 1.1.2, has anyone changed those 2 files (strings) to boost up the phone/speaker/ringtone volumes that would also work for 1.1.2's?

thank u

Quote Originally Posted by apercele79 View Post
    i've seen files around the forums for 1.1.1's either under iVolume or under a diff name, but they say that it wont work for 1.1.2

now that most of us have made the upgrade to 1.1.2, has anyone changed those 2 files (strings) to boost up the phone/speaker/ringtone volumes that would also work for 1.1.2's?

thank u

good luck im still waiting for a file mod that works with 1.1.1. the mod your referring to only works for 1.0.2

Green Apple
    Thanks

type in IVOLUME in search...it works for 1.1.1, most ppl confirmed it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I thought 1.1.2 was supposed to be louder? Everyone I've talked to about it says it seems louder. I upgraded a few nights ago and I just got a text message. My phone was 3 rooms away and it seemed like it was right here next to me it was so loud.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

Green Apple
    Thanks

1.1.1 was supposed to fix the volume issue, but it didnt for everyone

same for 1.1.2; it's supposed to, but there are ppl who can't notice much of a difference, that's when plan B steps in

it does not the only variable you can alter with the hack in 1.1.1 is the dialer pad volume you cannot alter speaker volume or ear piece volume at all. I has been confirmed read the whole post, the people who think it has raised there volume must have inserted their hearing aids

Thanks

TRUE...although originally made for 1.0.2 it was updated so it can work for 1.1.1 yet 1.1.2 mod file is not there and no big differences on the sound for this modding file. but still there is a little improvement

I've been scratching my head on how to make the ring tone louder in 1.1.2. Tried boosting the sound option in iTunes, boost the dB using for my ringtone files using audacity, change to mono output etc. but to no avail.

Please somebody find a way to increase the ringtone volume in 1.1.2. I've been missing way too many calls and smses.

p/s: maybe we can add this problem in to the 'What the iphone doesnt do' thread. Prospective buyers might find it useful before making the jump.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
    I thought 1.1.2 was supposed to be louder? Everyone I've talked to about it says it seems louder. I upgraded a few nights ago and I just got a text message. My phone was 3 rooms away and it seemed like it was right here next to me it was so loud.

Matt
    really? how big the 3 rooms? LOL hope its true, but why some have complaint

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'm still not pleased with the sound level on regular phone/speakerphone/ringtones

i really wish it was a bit louder, i find out that i have missed calls/text messages due to the low volume issue

Green Apple
    Thanks

am i the only that has updated to 1.1.2 and is still not pleased because the volume is still too low?

Default 1.1.2 does nothing for volume
    I upgraded and it didn't do a thing for the volume on my phone.

i hate the volume so much. I can't even hear it half the time. And even when I am at the school library without headphones it is hard the hear the music

Thumbs up Volume issue
    I have Updated to FW 1.1.2 and I went to download On MMI

1st go to MODs and there should be a button that says Sounds Click there

2nd look for a Louder IPHONE and Download that file follow the instructions

It worked for me My keytones are Louder rings are louder speakers are louder good luck

This note in the file reads this

e:
    1). DialPad is louder
    2). Speaker, Ringtone, Headset, Receiver, Speakerphone volumes are noticeable.
    3). System Sounds are louder
    4). Test the YouTube video sounds

Install Instructions:
    1). Copy the com.apple.celestial.plist file to /var/root/Library/Preferences/
    2). Copy the SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist file to /System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework/
    3). Goto Settings > iPod > (switch off: Sound Check)
    4). Reboot your iPhone.

Lower DialPad file has been attached - Replace the existing SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist with this one.

*** Please keep this thread updated with your post/reviews/comments ***

Sorry its MOD and then Louder Iphones it should be on the first page . Dont look for a file called Sounds Just go to MOD on MMI download and look for the File Louder Iphones

Good luck

Sorry its MOD and then Louder Iphones it should be on the first page . Dont look for a file called Sounds Just go to MOD on MMI download and look for the File Louder Iphones

Good luck
    Last edited by kizmet1313; 12-02-2007 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah I downloaded that file and all it had was the com.apple.celestial.plist file. So I downloaded iRadio and used that maxsound.plist file and put them where the instructions said.

No difference at all on my 1.1.2.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

My 1.1.2 is loud enough. I don't know what the complaint is. I can hear my phone from the other room. Maybe I'm the lucky guy, or you guys are just too picky.

Reako

Maybe we're too picky (We want to know when someone's calling), maybe you're not picky enough.

i tried poking holes in the speaker as talked about in a previous thread and it worked fine finally did it after punkin' out several times but it actually works

Thanks
    Here's to hoping for a fix also. I'm starting to look for a bluetooth so I can hear calls better!