+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Freeing up Disk Space for Applications

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, I'm going to try my best to not sound like an idiot, so here goes... I absolutely love what the MMi and other various iPhone modding communities have
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Freeing up Disk Space for Applications
    Hey guys,

I'm going to try my best to not sound like an idiot, so here goes...

I absolutely love what the MMi and other various iPhone modding communities have done to enhance the iPhone experience. I have fallen in love with all the additional applications available; however, since I finally upgraded to firmware 1.1.2 I have been running into serious issues concerning hard disk space. I just installed the Gameboy Advance Emulator and a few other various applications and am already running out of disk space, which unfortunately only lets me have 1 or 2 GBA roms at any given time.

Enough about my woes and on to the nitty gritty:

I have read a few forum topics that outline how to cross the barrier into the portion of the memory reserved for "Media". Even after reading a few different topics, I couldn't figure out the best method for crossing the barrier...

I'm not a programmer (no real knowledge of programming), but I have and am willing to SSH (on my Leapord MacBook-- CyberDuck, AFP/iPhone Finder) or use any other method that has step-by-step directions.

All I want is to know what the best method to expand the disk space for Game Boy Advanced and NES Roms on my 8 GB Firmware 1.1.2 iPhone using my MacBook.

Thanks Always,

Kargod

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

kargod (11-19-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks a lot. I'm assuming it's gonna work for 1.1.2?