Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 iphones - One JailBread and Manzana

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 2 iphones - One JailBread and Manzana
    I got a new iPhone today and I want to mod the second phone...When I plug in the phone, my computer sees it but when I click on jailbreak...it opens and closes immediately. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I don't have two computers to use for this.

Quote Originally Posted by MooShoo View Post
    when I click on jailbreak...it opens and closes immediately.
    Hi,

Are you trying to run the executable by double-clicking it? You should try to run it in the terminal/command prompt.

justin 8)

Quote Originally Posted by MooShoo View Post
    I got a new iPhone today and I want to mod the second phone...When I plug in the phone, my computer sees it but when I click on jailbreak...it opens and closes immediately. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I don't have two computers to use for this.
    just is right, also check out our guides area for more help on connecting your iphone.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

I did two phones. You need two phonedmg directories on your computer. I ping pong between the two by renaming the one I want to use to phonedmg. When I tried to use a second phone on the first phones directory, it did not work and I had similar problems that you stated. When I did the second phone I had a bunch more issues and then I did these steps:

1. Turn OFF your computer and turn it back on.
    2. Connect up the iphone to the computer.
    3. Run iTunes - yep - run iTunes.
    4. Sync your phone to iTunes. This will prepare everything AND backup your iphone.
    5. Exit iTunes.
    6. Open Windows taskmanager (right click on the background) and remove 3 processes: ituneshelper, ipodservice and applemobiledevice. You will be prompted after ending, simply select yes.
    7. Hold top iphone button and Home button until the triangle screen appears on the iphone. This takes about 25 seconds of holding the buttons.
    8. Verify none of those services in #6 reappear – remove then if they do.
    9. My machine comes up and asks what app to connect to this new piece of hardware. Cancel out of this.
    10. Go to the command line, click start, click run, enter “cmd”, move into the phonedmg directory and run jailbreak.
    11. Jailbreak should fly through to loading and finishing, but it MAY ask you to do the top button/home button thing again. Do it if it asks AND it sits on the asking text.
    12. Wait till you see c: prompt after the jailbreak is finished.
    13. You will not have to do this again on this iphone. You can run Manzana from now on to copy new icons into their directories.

Scot